Hearing Loss Community
tinnitus question...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hearing loss, alerting devices, assistive listening devices, audiologically deaf, captioning, cochlear implants, culturally deaf, hearing aids, hearing dogs, home safety, Meniere’s disease, oral communication, safety, sign language, speech recognition, TDD, telephones, tinnitus, travel, and visual communication.

tinnitus question...

For the past 4 or 5 years I have had a very mild case of tinnitus most likely caused by exposure to loud sounds.  It is a high pitched ringing sound, but I have learned to live and accept the fact that it will most likely never go away. I am not really sure if it is in both of my ears, one ear, or in my head...

Lately I have been experiencing pressure in both, mild head aches, distortion when hearing higher pitches, greater sensitivity to certain sounds, and my tinnitus has become more noticeable.  At first I figured my tinnitus was getting worse but then I noticed that my ear sometimes gets this weird sensation and makes an odd clicking noise (sounds almost like Pop Rocks in my ear) when I chew.  I am now starting to wonder if these symptoms and increase in my tinnitus are caused by something else.  Does this sound familiar?  
Hey I feel you. I have the EXACT same symptoms. The sensitivity to noise, clicking sounds, louder ringing. and the head aches. I really thought I was alone on this one. And mine is noise educed also. I don't know if you get this but when I walk into a room with an older tv the high pitched buzzing of the television absolutely drives me insane. I have to leave the room. Did yous ever some down? I went on a pretty much no salt diet and it seemed to keep it under control. Lately I've been eating a lot worse and it seems to be getting worse so I'll need to go back to that. I would love to hear from you, shoot me over an email. Im seeing an ENT in about 2 weeks so I'll make sure to ask him all the questions about our symptoms. If there's anything else you want me to ask please tell me, I can clear a lot of stuff up for us. My email is ***@****.  
A related discussion, MP3 Player and Tinnitus was started.
A related discussion, Tinnitus was started.