Help with pain and pain medication User Group
Brand-Spankin' New!
About This Group:

Hello all; I am asking for your help and/or advice. I had two spinal surgeries a year ago and have been in Chronic pain ever since. I had spinal stenosis and was told that I could be paralysed soon if I did not have a cervical fusion. I was at 78% blockage at that point. OK So since then I have been living a totally dfferent life, a life full of pain, fear, limitations, anxiety, and depression. Right now I have been on Oxycodone 10/325 for a year. I am up to taking 150 of them per month along with anxiety meds, depression meds, muscle relaxers!!! 18 months ago I barely took an asprin. My question and concerns are that the oxycodone is not working anymore. I am scared to ask my doctor for anything else. What I would like to do is replace it wth somethng that will work. I do not know what this would be and how to ask. I have recently moved from AZ to CA and have only seen my doctor one time. My muscles are twitching all night to the point I can not sleep, my pain is constantly a 6-7 with meds and I can not live like this anymore. Any suggestions for coming off the meds, asking for what will work, help n anyway. Doc suggestions for the Modesto area would be great tool. I am slipping fast and do not know how much longer I can take it and how to fix it.... Thanks for the help,

Founded by sandiemas623 on August 19, 2011
78 members

Brand-Spankin' New!

Greetings!  I am new and slowly finding my way around this site.  I have been so pleasantly surprized to see so many nice, well-informed people who generously share their knowledge and experiences about such complicated medical and pharmaceutical issues.  We ultimately must follow the instructions of our physicians, but I do think that there is great value to be found in sharing our practical experiences on a forum like this.  And sometimes it's just nice to hold "cyber hands" while we work through fears that can arise.  Positivity and comeradery is good medicine, too.

I will post later about my meds and will be grateful for any suggestions and advice you may have, so thank you in advance.

I would really like to meet some of the people who frequent this group, too.  I'll post some tags to give you a quick idea about my interests and situation.

Thanks again,

Lauriel
Tags: PM, fentanyl, Oxycodone, morphine, Lumbar Spine Pain, Migraines, muscle tension, Cluster/Suicide Headaches
mambojazz commented on THE HEALING CRISIS IN...
Jul 20
mambojazz joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 20
IBKleen commented on VICourageous's status
Jul 19