Hepatitis C Community
After Sovaldi/Olysio: muscle spasms?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

After Sovaldi/Olysio: muscle spasms?

I finished 12 weeks of Sovaldi/Olysio 10 days ago.  Since I finished the treatment, I've been experiencing small occasional muscle spasms in random parts of my body: legs, arms, torso. These are not painful and really are minor, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
The pharmacist at Accredo, which is the specialty pharmacy that sent my meds, says it would take up to 3 weeks for the medication to leave my body and advised continuing to drink adequate water and continue to take precautions with sun exposure; he had not heard of anyone else having the muscle issue.
B:  I was just going to suggest that you keep your hydration levels up - I really think that, not just with hep c, but in general, lack of sufficient water causes - or certainly contributes to cramping.  I speak from experience on this - had cramping legs for years, tonic water (w/that tiny amount of quinine made the difference).  However, your Pharmacist beat me to the punch.

Since I have been hydrating  per quidelines on this Forum I have had only one episode and I think I got too much that day (more than 160 oz) so had to drink a few ounces of electralyte fluid.  That seems to take care of the problem.

As I said above, I am speaking from personal,experience and observation- I am not a medical person and have not clinically studied the problem, but, hey, water can't hurt at this point.

Congratulations on completing treatment and praying for SVR.  Pat
Congratulations on finishing tx.  I did not treat with same medication you did but I had many muscle cramps after tx.  I agree with above that water is the best, also electrolytes can help as well.

When I got really desperate I tried for more calcium, magnesium, potassium to help me out.

I do think water is very important.  The tx I was on really dehydrated me.

Again, congrats! Great job
Dee
I was on Sovaldi, Ledipasvir and riba for almost 6 months.

i became somewhat anemic and had my riba cut to 600mg daily.
I developed neuropathy and it became severe enough that I stopped all drugs.

I still have some neuropathy, it seems to be decreasing in small amounts.

When i was examined my a neurologist the noticed that I was having involuntary spasms, twitches in my feet and legs.

Of course the doctor denied there was a connection to treatment; the neurologist was far less certain of that and allowed that it may have been TX related.

willy
Very simple solution to a VERY common side effect from Tx
Drink 4-6 oz of tonic water before bed.
Works every time!

Take care
~Kim