After Sovaldi/Olysio: muscle spasms?
I finished 12 weeks of Sovaldi/Olysio 10 days ago.  Since I finished the treatment, I've been experiencing small occasional muscle spasms in random parts of my body: legs, arms, torso. These are not painful and really are minor, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
The pharmacist at Accredo, which is the specialty pharmacy that sent my meds, says it would take up to 3 weeks for the medication to leave my body and advised continuing to drink adequate water and continue to take precautions with sun exposure; he had not heard of anyone else having the muscle issue.
B:  I was just going to suggest that you keep your hydration levels up - I really think that, not just with hep c, but in general, lack of sufficient water causes - or certainly contributes to cramping.  I speak from experience on this - had cramping legs for years, tonic water (w/that tiny amount of quinine made the difference).  However, your Pharmacist beat me to the punch.

Since I have been hydrating  per quidelines on this Forum I have had only one episode and I think I got too much that day (more than 160 oz) so had to drink a few ounces of electralyte fluid.  That seems to take care of the problem.

As I said above, I am speaking from personal,experience and observation- I am not a medical person and have not clinically studied the problem, but, hey, water can't hurt at this point.

Congratulations on completing treatment and praying for SVR.  Pat
Congratulations on finishing tx.  I did not treat with same medication you did but I had many muscle cramps after tx.  I agree with above that water is the best, also electrolytes can help as well.

When I got really desperate I tried for more calcium, magnesium, potassium to help me out.

I do think water is very important.  The tx I was on really dehydrated me.

Again, congrats! Great job
Dee
I was on Sovaldi, Ledipasvir and riba for almost 6 months.

i became somewhat anemic and had my riba cut to 600mg daily.
I developed neuropathy and it became severe enough that I stopped all drugs.

I still have some neuropathy, it seems to be decreasing in small amounts.

When i was examined my a neurologist the noticed that I was having involuntary spasms, twitches in my feet and legs.

Of course the doctor denied there was a connection to treatment; the neurologist was far less certain of that and allowed that it may have been TX related.

willy
Very simple solution to a VERY common side effect from Tx
Drink 4-6 oz of tonic water before bed.
Works every time!

Take care
~Kim