Hepatitis C Community
New to this.

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

New to this.

I just found out i have hep.c.
I don't hve time for this. I am young and busy and I take care of myself. I think i have type1. If I stop my weekend drinks you think I can wait a few years? i feel fine. i am not ready for this.
dear rosey.....no one has time for this....and maybe you are at a stage in your new illness that you can take a treatment and continue working and not even miss a beat.  You will ned to stop drinking though.

When I was diagnoised over 20 yrs ago there were no possible cures and I was a non-responder on 3 different trials. I just had to keep hoping.

Follow the advice you received from the above posters.  When I was told the doctor who told me told me I had approximately 30 days to get my affairs in order.  I immediately said find me a doctor now who is progressive because I just do not have time for this crap.   I worked 80-90 hrs a week...was EMT and bartender...had 3 kids in IU and I just had stuff I wanted to do.  Sure didn't want to be "sickly" all the time.  I wasn't..I worked through treatment...good and bad thing about Hep C is you can have it and look normal and healthy.

You are not lucky to have gotten Hep C but you are fortunate to be in the age where there are possible cures....put the glass down and read, research and heal yourself as quickly as possible.  
Hi Roseyroo.   if you have Hep C - you need to stop drinking NOW! Lots
of people with Hep C feel fine.  Thats the problem because its ill effects
progress and you don't even know its happening.  I didn't have time for
Hep C either nor does most people.  You really need your doctor to further
evaluated Your Hep C before you can say how long you can wait.  A liver biopsy and blood tests would be a good place to start.

Have you had liver biopsy? Hate to say this---you should stop drinking immediately. Hep c and cocktails are not going to make your liver happy! If you didn't get liver biopsy you don't know what stage your liver is at. Ultra sound will probably be done first. Since your young you have a good chance of fixing this, as you might not have much liver damage. You will be fine, it's not the end. Tell us about biopsy. ??
Computer verses an iPad. My index finger is not quick!!!
It's a draw.. On a iPad :)
thanx.
No biopsy. I told him i wanted to wait and he said he thought i had time. i just want to know what kinda stuff i hvae to take and i dont think i had this long. c
I am sexually active, not monagomaus always use protection and i had a tatoo and i did some coke a few times.
I can stop drinking but the loco weed is alright isnt it?
I can't tell you what to do. But this is your body. Why do want to wait on biopsy?? I'm sure your dr is correct. But still!! Do you know your geno type??
Don't know about the weed. I think it's ok!
NOBODY wants this virus !!!
Like it or not, this is reality. If you want to keep your liver healthy you need to stop drinking all alcohol now. Drinking with hep C is like pouring gasoline on a fire.

First, find out positively what condition your liver is in. If you are below stage 2 you do have time to wait for the new better treatments to come available.
If not, then you'd better consider if being busy now is more important than possibly facing a liver transplant in the future.

And yes, you use weed. Coffee ( at least 3 cups a day) is recommended as it helps to slow the virus from replicating.
Roseyroo, you need to get a liver biopsy.  It tells what stage your at. You
could be 0-1.   That would be great for first finding out you have hep c.
Maybe even 2.  Either way you need to liver biopsy so you know where you
stand in waiting for treatment.
Are you worried about pain or is it the time. I don't know if it has scarred others but I don't have one.
You have received  some great advice and I agree a biopsy or at least some sort of fibro test is in order, I would like to point out one thing, as most of us, you really have no idea how you contracted HCV, nor do you really know how long you have actually had HCV, so if it were me, I would want to know exactly where I stood as far as the condition of my liver, no alcohol, weed in moderation

Have a great day

Thanx.

I won't drink anymore for sure. I have another question. Since condoms are nonnegotiable with my prtners do i have to tell them i have hep c?
Wow! Could you repost that last question on a new thread? It's a great topic question.
Hepatitis C is not an STD, but my question to you is this. If the roles are reversed would you want to be told? Personally, I tell anyone who touches my body; that is my barometer. My hairdresser was one of the first that I told.

Learn everything you can about this disease.
Cheers,
C
please take the above advice about drinking nobody wants hepc but you have it so you need to make time and take the advice from your doctor.Even though its very rare to get hep c through intercourse it can be possible so i suppose that only you can decide what is the best thing to do if you in a serious relationship and decide to have treatment then really you will have no choice. Anyway please think long and hard what you want to do, talk to doc and take it from there,just remember it wont go away the earlier you treat the better then you can get on and enjoy the rest of your life. Best of luck and let us know what you decide to do

HCV is not an STD plus coming out and saying "By the way I have a blood borne infectious disease but transmission via sex is actually rare" might kill the moment.

See the search box next to the Hepatitis C Community heading?  Type
In " Is hepatitis c an STD".  You can see what more people said about your question.
Fantastic answer! 1swimmer very good!! I was the same. Told hairdresser & pedicure people. Anyone who drew my blood. Now that I'm und it's less of a concern. But you must do the treatment to become undetectibal. I also put the pedicures until I was und.

Don'tworry that's a good one to start a new thread!!
i think the question is answered so i won't bother you a new question.

hep c is not an std but it is possible to get it by sexual intercourse.
I do not have intercourse without a condom so i dont share my blood or fluids with my partnrs. i think they are safe but i want to be sure i am not putting anyone at risk.
Why would I tell my stylist and manicurist that i have a disease? no thanks.
I see how young you are, I'm sure you get the mani/pedis. If you don't want to tell them just ask them to wear gloves. And make something up. But I have been nipped several times in 15 years. Please think about that one. Good luck
If you have been nipped then maybe it isn't safe to get manicures. I think once i was jabbed when i got a pedicure. If they know you have it do they do anything differnt? Special cutters for ppl with diseases?
not trying to argue i am still trying to soak all this in.
not about to change my life and be treated like im dying just yet
I am considering buying my own cutters and take it with me when I get a manicures.

Good idea about bringing your own clippers.
I just want to go over this one more time. Since hep.c is not an std and i use protection anyway it is not necessry to tell my partnrs i have it. Is that right?
Buying your own stuff is always a good idea. But I go to the same salon and same lady so I wasn't to concerned. But thought about getting my own stuff many times.
But rosey what your needing to prevent is spreading it to the person giving the pedicure. Now I just didn't go until I was undetectable. Now you dont need to stop getting them but they do use nippers, clippers, and if she doesn't have gloves on and has a cut on her hand and cuts you. That could be the contact. Of all the post about spreading this virus I would say this one is as close as it gets. It is very hard to get this thing unless you are blood to blood. And I've been with my husband 25 yrs. he doesn't have it. I know this just knocked the wind out of you. I believe that happened to every person on here. Funny thing how I see you--your really wasting your life by not getting it over with. Take some time to digest it. Keep reading. Party for a couple of more weeks but NO BOOZE!!!!! Just your doobies, hrsepwrguy
Oops !! Like he said, just not every day with the weed!! Stay with us, it's a very helpful site.   Kitty
As hep C is spread via blood to blood contact, if you do not encage in sex that involves sharing blood, then it is unlikely that your partner(s) are at risk.
Many of us had it for years without knowing and our partners did not get the virus.
Having said that, I will point out that for some reason it is more likely to be spread sexually by people with multiple partners, that's what all the literature says.

I told my hairdresser but only because I'm a blabbermouth. It is important to tell your dentist and we like to think that anyone you'd be sexually intmate with, you'd feel comfortable telling you have the virus.
Okay im being honest. i sleep with whoever i want to and i am not intrested in a commitment now. Plenty a guys before me go that way without judgement. my turn. how is mutltiple sex partners make a person at higher risk? I will never never do anything without protection. Maybe they say that cause they think if you sleep around you are irresponsible or dont use protection.
"we like to think" that we would share that information with a intimate partner? In someones universe not mine. Noone wants a sick person and that the bottom line.
mizct-im glad you understand and im sorry i am like this. Just not ready for it.
You go girl, it always been that way. The girl is the ****! The guy is just getting some. Lmao!! Hasn't changed I see!!!
Orphanedhawk is right.  HEP C is not like B which can be transmitted through sexual intercourse.  HEP C is a blood to blood virsus.  My first hepo/gastrologist who is now in research to cure this disease said he could drink a cup of my blood and not get it unless he had open sores in his mouth or throat.  Sexual intercourse would have to be awfully rough and tumbley with bleeding and open sores etc.to get have a possibility of getting it.  Penis and vaginal piercings probably aren't that great...don't have one...never had the desire or need to but OUCH...  so keep posting and reading and you will eventually get the answers you need.  Good Luck.  (In some states you are legally required to tell anyone you have physical intimacy with...here in Indiana is one of them.)
Really?  What states are they?  That a great topic for discussion.  Never
heard that one.
"(In some states you are legally required to tell anyone you have physical intimacy with...here in Indiana is one of them.)"

Where did you find that at? HIV here in indiana yes but HCV???
"Why would I tell my stylist and manicurist that i have a disease? no thanks.......... I agree

"how is mutltiple sex partners make a person at higher risk?"

Good question I asked my Hepatologist this, he said besides the risk that my wife might bobbitise me there is none........

Mzkity....."You go girl, it always been that way. The girl is the ****! The guy is just getting some."

Getting what? LOL, sorry I just couldn't hep myself...:)
I've been looking too and can't find it.  What I did come across is statements
that you should tell people who you had sex if you didn't use a condom.
Hey do man how many pedicures have you had??? Be honest!! I think my gal can't see very good she gets a little wacko with the nippers!!

When is a person legally required to tell other people about his or her hepatitis C infection?

This FAQ answers some questions you may have about privacy, hepatitis C infection and the law. As a general rule, people have a right to keep their health information private, including information about their hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection or disease. As a general rule, people have a right to keep their health information private, including information about their hepatitis C virus infection or disease.Generally, they do not have to disclose health information to other people unless they choose to do so.

b) At home:

The hepatitis C virus is not transmitted by casual contact, such as sharing dishes, shaking hands and hugging. But blood and items that come in contact with blood may be infectious to other people. So it is important to be careful around blood and to avoid exposing other people to infected blood. (See the Staying Safe section of this website for more information on precautions.) As long as a person follows proper precautions there is really no risk of passing on HCV to the people he or she lives with, so there is no legal duty to disclose his or her hepatitis C infection to them.

http://www.hepcinfo.ca/en/faq/legal-requirement-disclose
"Hey do man how many pedicures have you had???"

Oh wow so it was pedicures you were talking about, so my answer would be none and sense you said this "I think my gal can't see very good she gets a little wacko with the nippers!!"...... It's going to stay NONE
I'm not the village idiot after all!! I think that deserves BEST ANSWER. Lol!