Why no generics listed on thyroid tracker?
I am new to the board. Would like to use your tracker, but will still need to maintain my own chart I set up a few years ago to track meds, etc. It would be helpful if 2 things were added: (1) an option for medication generics (I've been on levothyroxin for years and there's no way to enter that into this chart) and (2) the ability to add the dosage, rather than just indicating that there's been a change in treatment. I suppose the second aspect could be kept in the journal, but with no way to enter the levothyroxin in the chart, it looks like I haven't been on meds for 5 years.
Hi there -

I'm not near an expert on thyroid problems, but what about using Synthroid on the tracker instead of the generic name?

The other suggestions are good ones, and we will certainly check into it.

Thanks,

Emily

What most of us do to track the dosage is to create a journal and put just the dosage in the title so it can correspond with the date of your tracker entry.  In the same journal you can note that it's the generic and not the name brand.  You can make your journal entries "private" so only you see them.

So glad you are using the tracker and welcome to our thyroid community and MedHelp!

C~
partial thyroidectomy 1/07
Synthroid
Co-CL Thyroid DIsorders Community
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Thyroid-Disorders/show/73
Thanks to both of you for your comments. I have been keeping a summary of lab tests and med changes over time, but in a table format. The wonderful advantage of this tracker is the ability to have a "quick-look" visual representation of changes in medical history, and that's why it would be helpful to be able to visually track changes in type of medication (in color or some other indicator) and dosage. It's not a big deal, but would make it more useful from my perspective. I wish I'd had this when I started to track the symptom checklist, that's very handy. Thanks again for helping to keep this board available, it's already given me some important information.
Thanks for the suggestion. As Emily suggested, please use Synthroid to track levothyroxin since they are both the same drug. We know about the desire to track dosage changes in medication and it's still on our to-do list. The current tracker infrastructure doesn't support this very easily. We'll let you know when it's available.

Thanks,
MedHelp
here's another drug to add to the thyroid list (and potentially autoimmune):  neo-mercazole which is also called carbimazole.  i didn't see a place where i could add it (ie a 'my drugs' like how the food tracker has 'my foods').  

i also support a way of saying what dosage you took each day.

perhaps this is a whole other tracker...  i take several vitamins plus the thyroid meds.  would be great to track day by day which ones i've taken (and how much of each).  maybe there's a meds tracker in the works???? :)  thanks!
Thanks for the suggestion. We'll be happy to add carbimazole to the Thyroid Tracker. We'll let you know when it is available.

Thanks,
MedHelp