Two recent miscarriages?

I have IP diagnosed at birth, my mam had a miscarriage before me at 4mths and then after me she went on to have 2 girls.  Im not sure if my sisters have IP altho my mam doesnt seem to and neither do they.  I knew very little about IP when i had my first child, a son, born in 1997 and then when i had my daughter born 2000 (she was diagnosed with IP) she developed blisters 4days after being born.  Luckily myself and Lauren (my daughter) are both mildly affected, I have worn glasses since i was a child and have less teeth than i should have, Lauren was born with a club foot, although you would never know now as she is very active and she hasnt needed an operation just a splint until she was 6 mths old, we both have scars and it looks like Lauren doesnt have all of her adult teeth (she did have all of her first teeth).  In the last year i have suffered 2 miscarriages, at 10wks and 12wks both babies were boys (i have no children with my current partner) and this has frightened us as it was so upsetting and i lost a lot of blood the second time which has really frightened my partner.  I am 34 do you think it is my age and that i am higher risk now than i was when i had my other 2 children?  Id really appreciate chatting to others who have IP or children with IP, its so interesting as i never knew this forum existed.

Hope to hear from lots of you

Sue xxxx  
It is hard to know what caused your miscarriages.  Certainly there is a high risk of miscarriage if a woman has conceived a boy and the gene was passed along to him.  I am not a physjician, but I would not think that at 34 you are too old to have a child and I doubt that this would be the cause.

If you wish to become pregnant you could have PGD which is a form of in vitro fertilization which is a procedure you might want to ask you ob/gym about.  

Genetic counseling would be a good idea for you.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Susanne Emmerich
Exec. Dir.
IPIF
***@****
Tel: 212 452-1231