Incontinentia Pigmenti Community
Two recent miscarriages?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to incontinentia pigmenti, genetics, and breast, dental, eye, hair, nail, nervous system and skin problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Two recent miscarriages?

Hi

I have IP diagnosed at birth, my mam had a miscarriage before me at 4mths and then after me she went on to have 2 girls.  Im not sure if my sisters have IP altho my mam doesnt seem to and neither do they.  I knew very little about IP when i had my first child, a son, born in 1997 and then when i had my daughter born 2000 (she was diagnosed with IP) she developed blisters 4days after being born.  Luckily myself and Lauren (my daughter) are both mildly affected, I have worn glasses since i was a child and have less teeth than i should have, Lauren was born with a club foot, although you would never know now as she is very active and she hasnt needed an operation just a splint until she was 6 mths old, we both have scars and it looks like Lauren doesnt have all of her adult teeth (she did have all of her first teeth).  In the last year i have suffered 2 miscarriages, at 10wks and 12wks both babies were boys (i have no children with my current partner) and this has frightened us as it was so upsetting and i lost a lot of blood the second time which has really frightened my partner.  I am 34 do you think it is my age and that i am higher risk now than i was when i had my other 2 children?  Id really appreciate chatting to others who have IP or children with IP, its so interesting as i never knew this forum existed.

Hope to hear from lots of you

Sue xxxx