Infectious Diseases Community
chicken pox or a different infection?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

chicken pox or a different infection?

Chicken pox or a different infection?
It started with a feverish feeling and a painful swelling at the back of my head-the lowest part of the skull(right side). I also noticed a rash behind my right ear too. So far the rash has appeared all over my body including the head. By nature they qualify to be chicken pox, but there is no itching. The swelling at the base of my skull is kinda transferring to the left side; and there is a new swelling on my neck, just below the right ear. i have also developed mild sore throat. Today i experienced difficult in swallowing, as it appeared as if the pathway is a little blocked. It's five days now after the first feverish feeling. I am currently taking vartex, augmentin, and coartem. i urgently need ur contributions.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
I can confirm the exact cause of your symptoms only after a thorough clinical examination. Before the rash there may be fever, headache, and stomach ache. The blisters usually first appear on the face, middle of the body, or scalp. It is doubtful that you are suffering from chicken pox.These swellings mentioned by you could be due to any allergy, inflammation or infection. It could be enlarged lymph nodes, an infected boil or a cyst. Swallowing difficulty could be due to pharyngitis, tonsillitis.Get it seen by a primary care physician. Treatment will depend on the cause. Do keep me updated.
Best wishes and take care!