Infectious Diseases Community
mrsa in sinuses

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

mrsa in sinuses

how do you know you have MRSA in your sinuses? I have had reoccuring sinues infections for 10 years one right after the other, nothing has worked any one out there have a clue as to what to do next????
elli
The most frequently used test to determine MRSA is the colony , a swab is taken from your nostril and then cultured, MRSA colonies are really specific and are easily identifiable. Also there exist molecular screening, which is also done in the hospital.

My suggestion to you would be - visit your doctor and specifically ask him to test for MRSA, via any tests which are available at the hospital.

After that specific treatment may be initiated, however I should warn you that it may require ambulatory conditions, and you will have to stay in the hospital for the whole period of treatment.

Hope I was helpful.
Regards, John