Kink in ureter
In 2007 I had a kidney stone while pregnant with my fourth child.  After he was born they removed the stone... many surgeries to do so.  A few months later it was discovered I had a kink in my ureter at the opening into the kidney.  Several surgeries and the kink is still there but the kidney can drain.  More like a very slow drain.  Since then I get repeated kidney infections and uti's.  I have been told by the urologist that this is typical and to be expected.  Is there anything else that can be done?  I am in pain almost all of the time.  I can no longer do the things I used to be able to do.  And it is becoming increasingly difficult to find an antibiotic that I do not have allergic reaction to or will rid my body of the infection.  
HI,
Multiple surgeries result in a lot of scarring and tissue damage. However one of the options is putting a stent at the site of the kink, so that urine drains. Stagnation of urine leads to infection. Your urologist is the best person to decide whether this can be done in your case. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.