Interstitial Cystitis Community
injury

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Interstitial Cystitis / Painful Bladder Syndrome (PBS).

injury

was having sex and the next morning my penis was black on the shaft, not sure what happened or how. not sure what to do or if there is something to take. i don't have health insurance so that is a problem. this happened 2 days ago. only hurts here and there. i'm 32 and have had no other problems. not sure if it will heal on it's own or if i need some kind of surgery.
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there,
A physical examination is necessary for determining the exact cause of your symptoms. After a vigorous sexual activity your penis may become swollen and purplish black. These symptoms may resolve soon. Is it painful also? It is possible that you have hurt your penis if it is painful. I will advise you to see a urologist and get a clinical examination done. Discuss your concerns and clarify your queries. Treatment will depend on the cause and clinical examination findings. Do write to me again.
Best luck and regards!