Learning Disabilities Expert Forum
my 4 years old son is not doing well in the child care
About This Forum:

Questions in the Learning Disability Forum are being answered by medical professionals. Topics include: Assessment and Diagnosis, Behavioral Issues, Emotional Development, Family Issues, Language-Speech Issues, Living With Learning Disabilities, Parenting, School Issues, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

my 4 years old son is not doing well in the child care

my 4 years old son is not doing well in the child care, he has been there for more than one  year  and sometimes he cries when I left hem specialy mondays ... the providerskeep  telling  me that he does not folow orders and he has social problems  , he also sometimes  repit what other child is saing and they get angry at him, I know that he  is very sensitive  and he has troble making friend but he has a 2 years old sister and they play and fight togheter old the time . he is doing well when is one on one relationship but no to good in a grup , should I take him to the doctor or what shold i do ? please helpme thank you
Related Discussions
521840_tn?1348844371
Hello,
   As most four year olds are happy at their daycare/pre-school, its something to pay attention to when a child is experiencing this much stress at daycare. Your son sounds like he is in need of some help both at school and home. The symptoms you describe are worth discussing with a professional. I would recommend you ask your pediatrican for a referral to a child psychologist. Some children exhibit these types of behaviors when they have a disability or delay (such as trouble understanding language, a sensory processing disorder or even ADHD). A psychologist can determine if your child should be assessed (you can read my article on early childhood assessments for more information) or if he would benefit most from a course of psychotherapy to learn new social skills. This does not sound like a phase that he is likely to outgrow without some support.

Best Wishes
Rebecca Resnik
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank