Liver Transplant Expert Forum
Want to watch film of liver transplantation

Questions posted in the Liver Transplant . Forum are answered by medical professionals from The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

Can someone give me a website so I could view the actual liver transplant....am on transplant list and just want to watch what they do.
What are you interested in? The entire transplant process from deceased donor, to the patient/family stress of waiting for a transplant, to the surgery and recovery? Or the just the entire surgical procedure? Compressed down to a watchable length.

Have you watched other bloody surgeries? Are you sure you want to watch this? If your transplant date is near you may have some of these imagines in your mind that will increase your anxiety when you are preparing for your surgery.

Take care.
Hector
Thank you for those websites....watched all plus more 3 nights in a row...upside down sleeper you know...found them very interesting.  Not knowing for me is anxiety.  Like I messaged you I use to sit in the surgery gallery and watch surgeries. It helped me out in the field a time or two as EMT in very bad sector of town...we actually had to wear kavlar vests and wait on swat team before we could exit bus (ambulance) to do our job. As I watched these films though I was thinking I may not have too good a chance to even get a liver...it's a real roll of the dice isn't it.  Hope things are going better for you right now and you go up that list.