Maternal & Child: 35+ Community
gush of blood

This patient support community is for discussions relating to maternity after the age of 35, newborns, and children.

gush of blood

Hello, I am 41 and have very painful and long periods with many clots im usally bed ridden for the first 3 days. This week though  I have had 2gusshes of blood within 3 days it gushes than its gone felt like I wet myself without any control, my last cycle was 2 weeks ago so its not my period. I am a married women of 21 years, so I know it has nothing to do with any stds. Any advice would be welcomed I dont have any insurance and cant afford to go to the Dr.  Thanks
i had similar and it was because i had a fibroid, so i would recommend you taking a trip to the Dr's and getting it checked out.  It is a simple op to have it removed.

My symptoms where really heavy periods on day 1, so fast that i had to stay home for the first hour as i could not keep changing the super, duper largest flow tampon fast enough and usually was covered in blood between the legs and passing of large sized clots that varied from  inches to credit card sized.

Older women do develop fibroids as they age, but usually they don't affect menstruation like this unless they are impeding the closure of the uterine tissues, so basically the bleeding continues at a heavy rate. It's not a good thing to leave unchecked.

Good luck