FSH level at 145.6 mlU/mL & estradiol at 5 pg/mL
I've missed 5-6 periods over the last year and a half, am having night sweats, hot flashes, mood swings, etc.  Do my labs confirm that I'm perimenopausal/menopausal?  They seem like they're off the chart for the reference ranges listed on my lab results.  Doctor said no need for treatment.  
I hope you're still checking this post.

This question has had me baffled for a few days. I thought it was a misprint when you listed your level of Estradiol. In my case, I was kicked into a surgical menopause when both ovaries were removed during a total hysterectomy, but still, that level of estradiol in my system is something I watch like a hawk.

My understanding is that your level of estradiol is just a few points above where it would not even register on a lab report. I think that any level below 30 pg/ml is considered pre-puberty level. And, here your doctor is brushing you off (my opinion). Many doctors, as good as they may likely be, are not trained in the study of how women's hormones affect them.

Estradiol has a part in over 400 bodily functions.

Personally, I am at the point where the minute I feel anything go wrong in my body, I look to my hormones and whether or not I am at optimal levels before I consider there might be something else going on.

I am not as familiar as I'd like to be with FSH levels probably because of how I was thrown into menopause, but after a little research, I do agree that you are way off the charts and it sounds to me as if you are either perimenopausal and in severe ovarian hormone failure. Until you have had one full year of no periods, you most likely won't be labeled "menopausal." In some cases, women can be in a temporary type of menopause or 'ovarian hormone failure' and in some of those cases, things can return to normal again, but it depends on many different factors as to whether or not you are going to stay in hormonal decline.

I posted some information by way of one of my journals. Check out the most recent entries, which can be found on my profile (just click on my screen name to get there). I stand by my statement still that the work by Dr. Elizabeth Lee Vliet has been the most helpful to me to date.

Take care,

Mary