Menopause Community
HRT and hair loss

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

HRT and hair loss

I started on HRT this year and have noticed extreme hair loss.  This was listed as one of the side effects (loss of scalp hair).  I stopped the medication.  Will my hair come back.  It is extremely thin to the point of seeing  my scalp through.  I see tiny hairs in the bright light, but wondering if that is a good sign or not.  Has anyone else had this happen with HRT.  It was Femhrt, which is estrogen and progestin.  However, I read that just the Estrogens also list this side effect, so I am afraid to take anything at all.  trixie9
i have had the same experience with ogen, enjuvia, and i believe the vivelle patch; although i couldn't tell you for sure if the patch contributed because by the time i started with the patch my hair loss was significant.  my gyno tells me that there is nothing in any of the above scrpts that would cause this type of side effect.  of course i know differently because i read the prescription insert, not to mention two pharmacists told me it was a side effect.  so i have fired the gyno, and stopped all scripts, i too see short hairs i think they may be new but not sure as they may be just broken hairs.  have you had any luck with a solution since your post?  reci