Menopause Community
MACAFEM ADVOCATE - IT REALLY WORKS FOR ME

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

I have been on Macafem for 12 months now. I started with 3 tablets twice daily for 10 days and then dropped to 2tablets twice daily. When i had to go on a course of anti-biotics i continued with Macafem. I started getting really bad heartburn. I missed a dose of Macafem one day and I didn't get heartburn. So i left it for another day and again, no heartburn. So i decided to try taking Macafem again and the heartburn came back. I stayed off the Macafem for the whole course of the duration of the anti-botics and started getting severe hot-flushes and was very agitated (mood swings). When my course of anti-biotics was complete, i started again with 3tabs Macafem twice daily and within 10 days, i was feeling well again. My point here is, it won't work immediately but it does work....
Another key thing to remember in menoapause is: your body is trying to wean itself off the hormones. Therefore, using herbs/medication to REPLACE them is not helping at all. I did some personal research (and still am) and have carefully chosen not to change my diet to delibrately increase my intake of hormone-mimicking foods like soy. The key thing to remember is NOT TO REPLACE but to induce stimulation of my body's own hormone production. GOOD LUCK EVEYONE!! oh! and visit www.macafem.com!