Menopause Community
Maca -v- macafem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Maca -v- macafem

I join in the general community of elation at finding a place to sit, read, reflect and relate to this terrible afflection.  I'm 44 this month, I stopped have periods around 2 years ago now, and was so delighted that I think I almost forgot to get hot flushes.  I had a few months, then it stopped and I thought I was in 7th heaven.  My periods used to be so very heavy, it was such a welcome relief to lose them.  Unfortunately, in all this elelation, I met and married a wonderful man, who has patiently abstained from sex for some nine months now.... I have absolutely no interest, thought or inclination to have sex.  We are intimate, affectionate, there is absolutely no pressure from him, apart from the occassional mention (and its really is only occassional).  And now, it appears my periods may be making a come back... a month ago my breasts started to ache, as they used to when the period was immenient - a week later I got a slight staining, but the tender breasts continue.  Its agonising taking off the bra at night.  So zero libido, and tender breasts.   I have sufffered insomnia for years, but until I re-married and discovered by husband has body in the exact opposite configuration, that wasnt so much an issue.  With the absence of libido, opposing body clocks, tender breasts, and now the added worry the wheels are beginning to fall off a wonderful relationship - I'm reaching for Maca, flower essenses, and a guiding light....  This impossibly hidden, well insulated collective of suffers may be my light - for a while there, I thought it was an oncoming train......  A wonderful feeling to join the collective... I'll post my results....  Much love and light to all xxx
so what are You results with Maca??