Menopause Community
Root of the problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Root of the problem

It well not stop this Sunday it well be three weeks. It can be heavy and stop after 5 or 6 days. Than.  come back after a week off.  I am 45 in Jan. I have had the burning rib for 7 years its gone now. Concentration is off sometimes. I was diagnosed with Dysplasia in 1993.  They treated it in 97 in 98 they said it came back twice as bad. I had a triple biopsy and they wanted to to more. I said no. Its now been 16 years since Dr Pressy Cancer specialist told me I had a year to live. I am asking is it normal to bleed this long. I would like to be comfortable. Mostly its mind related the not knowing.  I have been tempted to go for a hysterectomy. The Dr. assured me things are better and he could not do it without more biopsy. Why does it matter just take it all the reason for the Cancer trying to form. Why would he not let me make the choice. It makes me feel like a meal ticket  I take Methylphenidate and Welbuthrine,
This is not unusual for perimenopause. The changes in hormones can make for some pretty wacky cycles and periods. Since it's been 16 years, it would seem that the dysplasia is behind you. I assume you have had paps since then.

As far as hysterectomy - "You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone." I had a hysterectomy 8 years ago and  the many losses it has caused consume me every moment of every day. I cannot stress enough how it has affected everything about me - my appearance (horrifically rapid aging,ldestruction of my figure), vision loss, severe depression, anxiety, flat affect, reclusiveness, loss of sexual function, the list goes on. If your doctor truly will not hysterectomize you unless you have cancer, I consider you lucky since 76% of hysterectomies do not meet ACOG criteria.

If the cycles continue to be a problem, birth control pills are often a big help. If the bleeding gets too heavy, make sure you are not low in iron. You may need a supplement.