Shortness of breath due to menopause?
I am 51, have not had a period since April- some symptoms of hot flashes, fatigue,mood swings, etc. Had bloodwork done recently and definately am in full blown menopause. Recently started progesterone creme which seems to be helping. My question is- for the last several months I have had shortness of breath on and off. My heart and lungs are fine, oked by the doctor. I am of normal weight (100 lbs.) and walk daily as exercise. Has anyone else experienced this symptom? I don't think I've ever seen it on a list of menopausal symptoms.
I sometimes wake up in the night with shortness of breath.  This generally comes when I am due to ovulate or when my period is due.  I am aged 48 and have not had a period for 6 weeks now.  Back in august last year my periods stopped unitl january of this year and I did not get any of the breathlessness. Now since my periods have returned I appear to be getting this again.  I too get hot flushes, night sweats, mood swings, palputations and skipped beats.

I wish you well in your search for answers.