Menopause Community
Taking Zoloft
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Taking Zoloft

I'm 55 and I'm into menopause, my Dr. put me on Zoloft...for hot flashes, mood swings, panic attacks,ect.I started on a low dose and did well, then she bumped it up to 100 mg and I got the worst heartburn you can imagine.Plus allot of stomach problems, I already have acid reflux and don't need more problems. She lowered it to 50, still had problems along with hot flashes/ sweating allot, headaches,stiff neck,vision problems,memory problems,felt angry & just plain miserable. I lowered it to 25 and still had the same problems, I didn't take it today but read I should cut it back to 12.5 mg, which I just did. I think I need to forget about this medicine,as it makes me feel worse. I've already taken Paxil,Effexor and Wellbutrin. I'm still on Wellbutrin and have had no side effects from it. I take Xanax for my panic attacks, what else can I do? I feel like I'm being torchered.