Menopause Community
bleeding years after menopause
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

bleeding years after menopause

My sister who is 61 years old has had a few occurrences of heavy bleeding over the past few months.  They have been somewhat like her cycle when she was having a period(which has been many, many years now).  She has not been to a doctor in YEARS.  My concern is that something serious is going on.  Could you please help me so I can convince her she needs to see a doctor.  Any info would be very much appreciated.  Thanks.
Related Discussions
209987_tn?1334790318
Please tell her she MUST go in!! My friend went through the same thing. She is 63. It turned out that it was cancer. She had to have a hysterectomy and it saved her life. My great grandmother started bleeding at the age of 74...again, it was cancer...and she had already had a hyst.  I'm not saying that your sister has cancer,but she needs to go in to be sure! It may save her life.
To get her into a clinic maybe you could tell her that you need to go see a Dr. and that you are nervous. Ask her if she would please go with you. Once there tell the Dr. about your sister's problem,and he/she will check her.(Call ahead and let the staff know what you are doing) I know it's sneaky,but I had to do that with my mother. Turned out she had diabetes and a heart condition. I'm really glad that I "lied" to my mom to get her in there! She was glad too.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Menopause Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...