Aa
A
A
Close
bleeding years after menopause
My sister who is 61 years old has had a few occurrences of heavy bleeding over the past few months.  They have been somewhat like her cycle when she was having a period(which has been many, many years now).  She has not been to a doctor in YEARS.  My concern is that something serious is going on.  Could you please help me so I can convince her she needs to see a doctor.  Any info would be very much appreciated.  Thanks.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
209987 tn?1451939065
Please tell her she MUST go in!! My friend went through the same thing. She is 63. It turned out that it was cancer. She had to have a hysterectomy and it saved her life. My great grandmother started bleeding at the age of 74...again, it was cancer...and she had already had a hyst.  I'm not saying that your sister has cancer,but she needs to go in to be sure! It may save her life.
To get her into a clinic maybe you could tell her that you need to go see a Dr. and that you are nervous. Ask her if she would please go with you. Once there tell the Dr. about your sister's problem,and he/she will check her.(Call ahead and let the staff know what you are doing) I know it's sneaky,but I had to do that with my mother. Turned out she had diabetes and a heart condition. I'm really glad that I "lied" to my mom to get her in there! She was glad too.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Menopause Community Resources