estrogen surge after menopause?
I'm 49 and I've been post menopause for one and a half year.One of my problems with menopause have benn hot flashes and vaginal dryness. I have been using a estrogen vaginal cream to relieve that problem. But recently i stop using it beacuse I notice that all the hot flashes have disappeared, and I have a vaginal discharge like the one I used to have when I had my periods. Overall I feel very good.  My questions is can I have estrogen surges after menopause ?  And if that's not it, what can it be?
I am also 49 years old.  I think a lot depends on how much estrogen cream you are using.  Too much, and it could affect the estrogen levels in your blood and give you the HRT effect.  If you are using very little, then your menopause symptoms are pretty much over.  Do you get breast tenderness?  If so, you are using too much!

As far as dryness, I would use a non-hormonal treatment such as Replens which you can find in Wal-Mart or the drugstores.  That's what my doctor recommends.  He doesn't want me messing with hormones after menopause.