Menopause Community
occasional/every couple of months - discharge

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

I am 62 - hysterectomy at age 41.  My ovaries were left - probably not much of them left!
In the last year, every couple of months I have had  a small amount of discharge just one time in the given day.  It is not thin but not thick either.  It is dark-ish in color and does have an odor.  This hasn't gotten worse, it's the same amount of one time discharge every couple of months.  Any ideas?
Tags: Discharge
Avatar_dr_f_tn
The discharge can be because of senile vaginitis which is age related. Also it can be infective in nature. Keeping the region clean, washes and antiseptic creams may help. However at your age it is necessary to rule out the risk of cysts, tumours and cancer. Consult a gynaecologist for an examination. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.