Multiple Sclerosis Community
Does anyone attend their local MS Support Groups

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

I noticed there is a local MS Support Group that meets tomorrow night in my area.  I was just wondering, how many of you attend your local MS Support Meetings?  Do you find them to be beneficial?  Just wondering.
Thanks for your input.
I want to go.  Mine is on the 3rd thursday of the month. I have always got something going.  This month, my husband will be out to sea that week.  He is due back that day, but unless a miricle occurrs and they are on time, I will not have a sitter.

Let me know what you find out.  Is it worth dumping the children?
I have not been diagnosed yet but as soon as my Rheumy told me that he thought this was MS I called the local MS group here and I've been going ever since. I actually find it very helpful and informative. The very first time I went I cried for a long time after I got home, not sad, but because everyone there was just like me! I've NEVER known anyone that was like me. People usually look at me and say "you look fine" or " I don't understand what the problem is" So it was an extreme feeling of I guess relief to know that this group of men and women knew what I was feeling. They all pushed for me to get more testing and now they are with me every step of the way. They call and check on me, they tell me to be aggressive at my appointments, they answer my questions, they are just right there with me no matter what! If this is not MS they will still be there and always be my friends !

~ taking it one day at a time~

~ taking it one day at a time~
I went to a support group luncheon last month for the first time and found the program very informative.  I hope to attend again - I would have liked an opportunity to miingle with the people there and meet some new folks but it didn't work that way.

be sure and let us know what you think after you go, ok?
Lulu
i would love to go and hook into the information sharing, experience sharing. but, my neuro(s) haven't quite dx'd it yet. i trust they are working on that.  without the dx i just haven't forged ahead to go to local meetings yet. but it has helped just to read other stories here and some of them are copies of my experiences with this.

it is a powerful thing to be around others who understand, i mean really understand...they've been there and know...

yep me too on the "taking it one day at a time"
I would like to attend a meeting also, but i do not drive and there are no fellow

ms'ers around where i live,  The nearest chapter meeting is quite a distance.

I feel like the witch in the woods at times.LOL   (A good witch).

I am sort of in a rural setting. How lucky am I??                               Linda
I have gone to our local group several times.  My neuro hooked me up with them.  It is one of the few good things that he's done.....lol.  I enjoy going and I felt the same way as oneday, in that I finally felt like I had met people who were like me.  They understand what I'm going through and have lots of advice and experiences to share.  It is a small group and they all live nearby, so I don't feel so alone in this.  HTH, and I hope that if you decide to go, that you have a good time.