Headed to Neuro again tomorrow
Headed back to the my neuro dr again for a 6 week follow up to see if I have improved since being on prednisone ....well no.. not really my symptoms have gotten worse since I started tapering the dose...Still not dx with anything but I'm prepared...

I wrote a list of all my existing symptoms that have not disappeared and a list of all my new symptoms since I last saw her....
I'm hoping I can get off the steroids since I'm suppose to stay on them to until Dec (I told my husband don't worry about Santa Claus this year) by then I will have a full beard ....one of the side effects from steroids....lol

I know I probably will not get any answers tomorrow since I'm in the wait and see game but at least maybe she can suggest another medicine ...who knows

I got to say I'm pretty proud of myself ...I own my own drive thru espresso business I have for 5 years and anybody who owns their own business knows it's like have a child ....My tech called me and told me he fired my circuit board to my espresso machine which is a 1300 part and my machine would not working for 2 days...I stayed calm didn't stress out about it and we where able to find a solution until then because really  what good is a coffee shop with out espresso....normally this would be something that would really stress me out but given my neuro state stress would only make things worse .....and sometimes with life gives lemons it's time to make lemonade ..in my case with a twist...

Only if my neuro had magic wand life would be perfect ...ha ha

Have great day ,
Kelly
Good luck tomorrow. Not knowing is terribly hard. I know I was a wreck in my two years in limbo. What you practiced with your business is Mindfullness Meditation. Reacting to the real situation. That is harder when it comes to our health.

Alex
Kelly:

Loved your sense of humor with the home business, especially the lemonade and twist. Unless people have been self employed, its hard to understand what that life is truly like. I only have one child and cannot imagine doing it with your household.

I'm sending positive thoughts your way for the appointment tomorrow. As far as the prednisone is concerned, be as descriptive as you can be about your symptoms while on the medication, yet leave out emotional concerns about side effects (your Santa joke). If you have concerns about side effects that aren't rooted in emotion, I consider that appropriate to express.

With so many baby steps behind you along the way towards diagnosis, I hope the big leap comes soon.

With a twist...I love it!

Audrey

Thanks Yall I appreciate all the well wishes and postive thoughts headed my way....Keeping my fingers crossed I will get some answers soon...
Have a good night
Well went to Neuro appointment and no she didn't have a magic wand...lol

She ruled out post viral infection ..dang she said I should of already hit my peak and not be adding on new syptoms ...

So going back for more MRI's....I think I kind of through her for a loop I asked about going to Temple Tx and get on 3 T mri machine...she was honest and said that she did not know enough about the difference about the MRI machines...she said that she would call her radiologist friend..and get back to me

Well today they called me back and looks like I'm going to be heading  to Temple for the 3T ..hopefully if all works out...

She said that 10 years ago (*plus) I would be dx with MS ...but since I have had a clear MRI that she wants to be 100 sure ...which is fine with me.....she said that my spinal fluid has O BANDS but MRI is clear and yes there are people with MS with clear MRI's ....I was surprised when she said that since from the sound of it most neuro dr don't....

She is just a frustrated as I am with not having  DX for me ...she said that several times which makes me feel like she is going to stay in this for the long haul..whew...
I'm going to have a functional MRI has anyone had one of those?????

Kelly