How do I ask an expert a question?
How do I ask an expert a question?  Do I just type my question in this box?
We are all experts... at something. Type in your question and you'll either get expert advice or a push in the right direction towards finding expert advice elsewhere.

Best,
Jane
Thanks for answering me JaneK1975, I appreciate it.  I came across this forum tonight, and was very excited to see the section that says "ask an expert forum".  I am feeling like my neuro is trying to rush my ms diagnosis, without doing much further digging.  I have 2 different types of rashes that came on just before my initial attack.  I would like to have another doctor hear all of my symptoms, and maybe look at the bigger picture.   I feel like my neuro won't take into consideration anything not "typical of ms " I guess what I am asking is how do I post a question, and then have an "expert" or doctor answer it?  Is it just random what they answer, and what they don't?   Is there another area I need to go to to have one of the doctors online review my post?
I actually don't know how the "ask a doctor" section of MedHelp works. Someone else might chime in here with info on that. In the meanwhile, I can tell you that there are others here on the forum who received an MS diagnosis and decided to request a second opinion to make sure they were on the right track and felt comfortable with their health plan. I am one of those people.

Can you share a little more about what specific symptoms you have experienced and which tests your neuro has run to date? Have you received an official diagnosis yet? Is your neuro recommending an MS drug therapy for you? This info may help others here point you in the right direction regarding which MS mimics should be ruled out (there are lots of MS mimics to consider).

Personally, I think second opinions are just the logical thing to do when you're dealing with serious health issues, so kudos to you for reaching out! When I decided to get my second opinion, I told my neuro straight out that I wanted another set of eyes to review my test results. He didn't seem offended in the least. Any doc work their salt should understand that it's not a personal attack, just the smart thing to do.

Best,
Jane
You can ask an expert in the Neurology Forum:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Neurology/show/135
You've actually landed in the MS community forum, no 'paid experts' in this section, though collectively still a wealth of, on the ground experiences and understanding of MS, imho its still worth asking your questions to the supportive pwMS this community. Have you read our health pages, just to the right of your screen, many MS question are found there, mimics and Mcdonld criteria maybe of interest to you.

As for getting to the 'expert' forum, at the top of the page, the first tab is headed 'forums' within click on 'doctor forums' and it provides a list of all the expert monitored forums, you'll need neurology. Make sure you are specific eg I am dx with MS, i have some atypical sx but my neuro seems umwilling to consider an alternative dx. What other dx would also have x y and y along with the clinical findings of MS?' Or something like it, or you may get a generic response.

Cheers.........JJ

PS welcome :-)
Also, it looks like the MS Expert Forum has recently been revived.  A neuro answered a few questions submitted last month.  

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Multiple-Sclerosis-MS/show/322

You can try submitting your question to that forum, or to the neurology one, or both.  The neurology one is much more active and current.
there is an "expert" section but it is not free......they ask for money.  I went there by mistake one day and quickly backed out.
let me clarify that.......if you accept the "expert" answer, there is a cost, if you just jabber with the general populus that "lurks" there as I just did on provigil, then its free
Thank you so much to all of you.  I feel so welcomed and loved! :)  Doublevision and Sumermum, your info helped get me to the correct spot.  As soon as I get my question typed out, I'll copy it to the regular ms forum.  I didn't see anything about paying, but maybe that shows up after you type it up!  
I believe the neurology expert forum is run by Cleveland Clinic doctors and the questions can be posted there for free -

The MS expert forum charges a small fee for answers but I don't know how helpful they can be considering the limitations.

We're happy to contribute our two cents to your discussion if you want us to chime in.

be well,
Lulu

hi i know this is a different subject but i have tryed everything else and not got any were, my girlfriend is 19 week pregnant and had a amniocentesis 3 week ago to test for trisomy 21 (down syndrome) but the baby's  chromosomes have not grown so is it a good or bad thing as they cant give us a result on wether the baby has got it or not?
sir,i have fever from 15 days.it comes daily after 5pm.fever is between 99 to 100 F.I checked urine and blood both but nothing got anything.what i do pls suggest
This is the MS Forum we are just people with MS we do not have experts.

Alex