Mirapex - the wonder drug
Just as a recap - I was recently dx with three separate sleep disorders.  PLMD, RLS and apnea. My neuro put me on mirapex immediately upon seeing the results.  I actually feel like myself again.  I had no idea that I was sleeping so poorly, especially after hearing about so much fatigue from my friends here. I can wake up and actually be awake!! I still shake, twitch, jerk and am quite tingly.  But sleeping well sure makes it all more manageable...

So for those of you with sleep disorders, or that think you might, ASK about Mirapex!
Heather,
You raise a really important point here - fatigue and sleep disorders are a big part of most MS patients ' routines.  If  sleep is an issue, a thorough evaluation may unlock some secrets about the nocturnal problems that can be corrected.

I'm so glad the Mirapex is working for you!  be sure to go to their website - mirapex.com and apply for the discount they offer on this drug  if you are eligible.  

sleep tight,
Lulu
Isn't this the Parkinson's drug that some doctors recommend for fibromyalgia? (Which of course has sleep disorder as a big component.)

I saw a rheumatologist who hinted that I had fibro, in part by referring me to a book by some doctor whose work he liked. This doctor/writer believes Mirapex is a big part of the solution to fibro, if I remember correctly. Of course now I can't remember the details or the doctor's name.

Glad it's working for you!
It is a Parkinson's drug, but I don't know if it used for fibro.  I had a couple of docs hint at fibro for me too, but I didn't have the right "points" of pain.
I also don't have the tender points. But the rheumatologist said you can have fibro without them.
I never realized what a good night's sleep felt like until Mirapex....I started out on a drug trial when this medication first was introduced; my dosage was .25mg. Now, 20 years later, I'm up to 1.5 mg per night, but still sleeping like a baby. The OTC "restless leg" drugs are helpful, but nothing works for RLS like Mirapex. If you are without prescription drug coverage or can't afford it, the manufacturer will supply your drugs if you qualify. There is also a generic out now, (not quite as good as brand), but a higher dose works just as well. Sweet dreams!!