Muscle weakness and numbness
Upon waking up from sleep, is it normal for your arms and legs to be weak and numb? The arm is numb throughout the day, but ESPECIALLY right when I wake up.  Maybe I'm sleeping on it, but I don't know.  Never had that happen before in the past.
It is not normal.  There are a couple of different neurologic conditions that can case this,  Have you brought this to the attention of your regular doctor?

Bob
Hi COBOB thanks for answering. I have mentioned it to my regular doctor, but I've been having another issue too so that's what he seems to be focused on right now. I think I might have to get another doctor.
I too have weakness of arms and legs and hands during the night and it does get better when I get up and start the day.  Is this consistant with MS???

Mistylee
I'm terrible in the mornings - can barely walk because my feet hurt and feel like I'm walking on uneven ground, plus my back and tummy muscles are so weak I walk all stooped for the first 20 minutes or so after I get up. After I've been up and about it gets better.

I wake up with two fingers on one hand completely numb lately. I think I need to try and train my sleeping self not to sleep with my arms raised above my head on the pillow, as I'm sure this contributes to the numbness.
I have the foot spasticity pain in the mornings.  Again, not normal but it is MS related.

Bob
This is an interesting question.  I'd like to know if it's really related to MS, too. I'm assuming that it is.  My legs always seem to be weak when I just wake up.  And my vision is typically blurry & dim when I first wake up, too.  
My arms and legs have muscle weakness and numbness a lot when I sleep. I asked my Neurologist last appt. if that was normal. He said it is not. I do not think I have issues with this during the day...though I'm starting to feel like my right leg is playing "catch up" a bit these days.

I am in limbo in ruling out what's wrong with me but I have many many MS symptoms.
I asked my MS neuro about the same thing.  The finger numbness was because I had put pressure on my ulnar nerve (just resting on the mattress), and the leg numbness was more likely due to pinching off blood supply.  All four extremities "wake up" after 10 minutes of lying flat, palms facing up (for me, anyway).