Multiple Sclerosis Community
New to the group HI

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

New to the group HI

I just found this site and I am thrilled!!! SO I am going to take a min to introduce myself.  May I also say I looked through the forum some and I am impressed with the level of knowledge you all seem to have or are so willing to give to someone who needs it.  THANK YOU!

I was diagnosed with MS in May of 2012 (7 months ago almost to the day as I type this)  I must say I was shocked but not that shocked as I read more and more about MS and its affects.  I belive I have had "active" MS issues for over 10 years but the small things that just went away of course were ignored by my then docs.  I had a sudden flare of Optic Nuritis that landed me in the hospital over Memorial Day weekend.  I left with a whole new life of challanges.  

Currently I am on Copaxone, I see an accupuncturist/herbalist (and of course my MS doc) I also do Yoga and try to walk at least a mile each day in addition to my regular goings on.(work, family etc.)

Looking forward to being part of what looks like a great group of people.

An extra holiday prayer from me to you all and your families.
Hello and welcome to our little corner of the world!!!  You have landed in a great place with a lot of great people.  You have already noticed that we have many with a good bit of knowledge. We are a mix of housewives, lawyers, nurses, business people, research librarians, college level professors, geologists, contractors, etc. A little bit of everything.

Thank you for introducing yourself with a quick background. That is appreciated so we all can help you better since no two cases of MS are the same, just as no two snowflakes are the same.

Quick tips: We have a section of Health Pages located on the right side of this column. ALL of them have been written and updated as need and can be verified as needed.  A good many were written by Quix, a retired member who was a pediatrician who had to give up her practice because of MS. Shell, Shoshin and some others have written pages as well.

There is a bar at the top of this column that says "Search this community" and will search the archived threads for you. The forum is usually slow on the weekends and not many people are on the boards so you may have to wait for Monday to get a good response. Some weeks the boards are answered so fast , your question may slide to page 2 before being  answered. If this happens, just put "bump" in the post a comment section and it will rise to the top.

Notes are public to everyone, PM are private messages that are only seen by the sender and receiver.

Lastly, there are NO dumb questions!!!!

Welcome,
Ren
I second Rendean's welcome!  

Tammy
Hi and welcome to our little MS community,

I'm from the other side of the world, Australia so i'm often online during your night time, so if you ever need company to get you through the wee hours, i'll be here and so will a few others :o) We do have a wonderful community, filled with people from across the globe and from all walks of life, so its always interesting. We do like to have some fun and throw in some giggles along with all the serious stuff we discuss too, well I like a giggle and the others are probably just rolling their eyes at me lol

Again welcome, you've found a great place to land!

Cheers............JJ  (ho ho ho)
Yeah, what they said!  Welcome aboard.  Strap in; it can get bumpy, but there's lots of great scenery along the ride!  Anytime you have any questions about anything, ask.  Someone around here will have an answer (even if it's sarcastic humor!).  ;>D
Hi and welcome -  I agree with all of the above - this is a great community that is always here for you.  I don't know how I could have gotten through the dx process and the past year with MS without all the wonderful people I have met here.  

Someone always an answer to a question, a kind word and will listen when you need to vent and no one else would understand!

Have a wonderful holiday and again Welcome

Tracy
Welcome. I walk, do several yoga classes a week, and ride horses (dressage). I started riding in 2010. I also train my own Service Dogs. I have had Primary Progressive MS since 1965 although I was not diagnosed until 2009. Growing up with MS gave me advantage others do not have for me MS is all I have ever known. I am 49 and believe in staying as active as possible. I also follow a healthy diet, don't drink, or smoke. I try to keep from having other health issues but my gene pool is a cesspool. LOL. I also do Mindfulness Meditation which has helped greatly. I was introduced to it at a MS Conference.

Alex
Hi I'm Francyna.

Welcome.
So glad you found this forum and Welcome!!  I'm sure it will be a lifesaver for you as it was for me.  I joined almost 2 yrs ago after shockingly finding out I had ms.  The people on here are sooo wonderful and helpful.  It's makes having this nasty disease tolerable!   Being able to talk with others going through the same things is the best support!  

Jeny