Relapse or UTI?
Sitting here having just had a gram of solumedrol  pumped into me and now having my tysabri cocktail.  I asked to se the NP because my right leg has decided it would stop working correctly and was just along for the ride- step, drag, step, drag was my recent gait.  Definitely in need of steroids to kick start the healing but a quick dip also shows I have a UTI. That's the first one in at least 18 months.  

The plan is this dose of steroids, five days of Cipromax  and then se if that corrects the problem.  Here's hoping the simple fix works - if not I will do a five-day round.  

I share this because it is too easy to call things a relapse when it might be a pseudo relapse  instead.  Only time will tell which one this is.
Sorry to hear about the UTI, but do enjoy your Tysabri cocktail :-)

Kyle
Lulu, when I asked my neuro how to tell if I were having a uti since I get no usual symptoms, he said I would see an increase in ms symptoms.  Perhaps that's what you are having.  Last week before I got my prescription, I was having a rash if symptoms and suspected a uri, and went by my urologist, since they wouldn't take my word or my dip  stick, and they called several days later and confirmed it( I insist on a lab culture, as I don't trust their dip stick method.
WE  are sending  you the best wishes to you & an even better results..

take care
JB
I'm wondering whether both the UTI and the leg dragging are part and parcel of the same relapse. I hope not, of course. How are you today? Did the steroid seem to help?

ess
I hope its a pseudo and not a relapse!!!

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for pseudo and hope that the simple fix does indeed do the trick.

Hugs..........JJ
Hey, Lu, happy Valentine's Day!  I hope it's a better day than the one you spent starting this thread!
I second the "hoping it's not a relapse" bit.  I hope the solumedrol is helping either way.  *hugs from the other Laura from the creek*

Laura
Wow!  I too hope that this is just related to the infection, and will be easily fixed.  Have you had the problem with your leg before?  
It's kind of hard to tell what's going on right now -that one dose of IVSM seeed to kick in - I am at least feeling my leg move better.  I just have to wait and see what it is like early next week  - if it still feels off they will order the full round of IVSM. Here's hoping.......

Thanks for all the kind words.
Glad you're feeling better Lulu. Hope the full course can be avoided.

I've been meaning to ask you, University of Dayton? Really? And here I thought I liked you :-)

The following travesty occurred on my 21st birthday!

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=ZqBPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=DAYEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6703%2C3156475\
Wow, You really do hold a grudge.  That was over 30 years ago - fun to read that headline but I don't notice you name in there.... were you on this team??