Multiple Sclerosis Community
Still coming back from Hurricane Irene

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Still coming back from Hurricane Irene

Hello all.
I haven't been on the firu, because we haven't had power since Sunday.
Myself and my four kids have been home.
They delayed opening school because the whole town was out of power.

We still don't have power but as the town slowly, ever so slowly, gets power back, people are being generous with their generators.

A friend of ours brought his generator over yesterday so I really have nothing to complain about except not having hot water.

I am on my way to the neuro who told me I either have ms or depression.
He said he was going to review my MRI's and he'd let me know today.
So we'll see what he has to say.  I am not expecting much and am prepared to hear it's all in my head.

I am VERY interested in hearing what he has to say about my more than 21 lesions.

I'll keep you all posted.  Luckily it hasn't been too hot.
As per neuro, it's all in my head.  I'm done!
I'm so glad things are getting back to normal after the big storm... I'll be thinking of you while you go to your neuro's today... Please let us know as soon as you can what he says... Good vibes!!!

I'll be praying,
Carol
well dont give up-please-  you know if somethings wrong- they dont, well  i been there yr ago-  so find out- let me know- i gave up for a few yr and dealt with it, even went blind twice-could see color- but-yeh dont give up!!  hugs!!
Girl, take your scans and find another neuro.  I ahd 27 or so ans was told my 3 that it was from mirganes.  The forth one looked at me tested my eyes and said I will look at the scans, but I know that you have MS.  Don't give up.  Teh DMD's do slow progression and the longer you wait to find a doctor wirth his salt, the worse you get!
I think its time to find another MS Dr  if you can.
Starting over with fresh set of eyes is great option if available to you.

take care

Johnniebear
Awww I so understand the feeling of wanting to give up!!! Honestly I do, I've been trying to figure out what is wrong with me for soooo long. I've been told it's all in my head and it's depression. I'm NOT depressed and if I am it's because of how icky I feel.

I just took a 4 month break from it all, and went back at it about a month ago with a whole new set of Doctors. I finally feel I'm getting somewhere with doctors who seem to really care.

Don't give up, you just need to find the right Dr. who knows what their doing and who cares about you. Hang in there and do not give up!!!
Hello everyone.  I have been busy working as a music teacher and all four of my kids are in school.  After my last neuro visit I was so confused.

He said it wasn't ms and that although I have more than 21 lesions they are all non-specific and don't int to anything significant.

He said he thinks it is all stress and depression related.
I started thinking that maybe he was right.  If the doctors can't explain it then who am I to say that they are wrong.

I saw my psychiatrist on Monday and when I told him what the neuro said, he adamantly said no way!  He said that there is no way that I was depressed and that was causing my symptoms.  He's known me for five years.  

After that, felt exonerated and said to myself, well I was right and the neuro was wrong.  It's a great feeling to know that its all not in my head but on the other side, now what is it, and where do I go from here.

So my friends,  that's the story.  I am I limbo land and will be here until a doctor tells me otherwise.

On a positive note, I have in the last few months learned how to pace myself and know what my limitations are.

Look forward to hearing what you all have to say.

Bye for now.

Kerri
Kerri,

Welcome back! I am glad that you sought answers and received support in a professional way.

Limboland is not the best to be but there are some good people here with you. We will wait together and give lots of hugs in the meantime.

(((Hugs)))

~Barb
That many lesions is not stress nor depression. It is cr-p!
Alex
Thanks Alex.  I didn't think so either but after the specialist says something like that you start to doubt yourself.

Luckily I have a more than qualified psychiatrist who put my worries at bay.

Appreciate support.

Kerri