Tysabri - first infusion

It seems I've been posting many questions recently - please bear with me! I'm starting tysabri - first infusion tomorrow. After going through a nightmarish war with my insurance (you probably know that...) it was finally approved.
So tomorrow if THE day. I think I'm slightly nervous after all (thought I wouldn't be).
I'd love if you could share your post-infusion experiences - should I expect any awful side effects? If so, how long do they usually last?
And please, tell me I'll be fine :)

Hugs,
Kasia
I had my fourth on Monday.  The infusion lasts about am hour.  I think you are supposed to be watched an hour after your first infusion.

I had zero side effects...and LOVE it.
Hi there Kasia!

There are quite of few people who are on Tysabri infusions from this forum. I am sure once they catch this post they will help you with your question (s).

I know its easy for me to say to you to keep calm and don't worry....I suppose some anxiety is expected when you haven't had a drug before infused in you.  

From what I hear...so far so good from a couple of people I know in regard to post infusion.

Good luck tomorrow and welcome to the forums!

Lisa
Hi, Kasia,
I'm one of the many Ty users around here.  I'm on my 2nd year of it, and I like it very much.  The only side effect I can think of that I've had is my skin is very dry from it, and I occasionally get small (<1 cm) itchy skin lesions that clear up on their own.  Of course, YRMV.

Feel free to PM me with concerns/questions.
Hi Kaisa,
I have had 5 infusions and no side effects. I had pneumonia followed by diarrhea which both cleared spontaneously , they considered them viral , something I would have caught from on of my 3 kids.

You might feel a little tired, as if you might want to go to bed early that night but that's it!

I wish you luck and a sense of peace with your first infusion.

Ren
Good luck with your 1st infusion. I was scared to death with the 1st one, but after a couple infusions, I felt really good!

Wishing you the same,
Michelle
So I've survived! Other than nurse trying to stick a needle 3 times all went well. I even drove myself home :). So far no bad side effects - just slightly tired, sleepy and dizzy but I can deal with that. I hope it won't change.

Thanks for support,
Kasia
Kasia, From what I hear your apprehension about that first infusion is normal.  So many people let their imagination run away with the worst case ideas and those don't seem to happen.  Everyone seems to exhale a big sigh of relief after it is done.

I am so glad it went fine for you, except for the sticks.  Next time, make sure you are really hydrated - drink lots of water before you go. Lulu
did they wrap a heating pad around your arm before putting the IV in?  If not ask for this, it makes it easier to find the vein.