Multiple Sclerosis Community
ms and pregnancy

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

ms and pregnancy

Does having ms make pregnancy harder and more painfull? I'm 20 weeks and 2 days with my first and last. And my pregnancy is nothin like what ppl tell me there's was/is like
Congratulations on this joyous time - I think pregnancies are just like MS - no two cases are the same and everyone experiences something different.

Please don't compare yours to well-intentioned friends and strangers who want to tell you about their own pregnancies.

How is your pregnancy?  Are you having unusual problems?

For most women, the MS goes dormant during pregnancy and most women say they feel pretty good.  It's as if the body knows how to protect your unborn child. Relapse problems may happen after deliver, but for now you have several months to wait and dream about this happy time.

congrats!
Lulu

Is this your first child?  

She is my first. So excited. N i dont know if I'm havin umusual problems as this is my first. I juat have a lot of hips legs n (excuse the rude) crotch pain or discomfert. Almost feals like my boobs did wen they was growin as a child. I'm also a BIG girl 29 dx wen i was 26 thought to have ms since about 16. N i am so afraid of the relaps after birth. But mom sis n hubby will b there with baby n me. I really wanna bf but don't know if i should so i can get back on shots as i ain't been on ne in 2 yrs wen baby is born. I will b gettin broken (tubal) the day of delvery too
Bf (breast feed) sorry I'm on a droid
I think it is normal to feel pelvic pain while pregnancy.  Your body is preparing for birth.  The connective tissue is softening and bones are spreading to make room for the baby to drop and eventually make his/ner way into this world.  So actually it is a good sign!!!  Baby is helping you along to make the birth easier!

I can't answer the question on bf while on a DMD.  Maybe others have had the experience and will share.

Congratulations on the little one.  Enjoy him/her.  It is over so quickly and soon she/he will be off to college.
We can't wait to have her n r arms. And I'm not fond of bein pregnant lol
I was diagnosed a year ago and am 23 weeks pregnant today, my first child. I spoke on countless occasions to my (many) neurologists who all assured me that my symptoms(neuropathic pain and imbalance) wshuld definitely ease off when pregnant. Not only were they wrong but the symptoms have increased ten-fold!!!! Extremely disappointing as really hoping for some respite to completely enjoy my pregnancy. All of my medical team have suggested using a TENS machine for the chronic pain- has anyone tried the same? I know can use TENS for labour but what about so early on in the pregnancy? Need advice soooo much!!!!! Ta peops