smells and tastes
this struck me as odd. the other day i banged my elbow and i guess it hit a nerve or something but i immediately got the strangest burning smell and taste similar to that of a short in electrical wires or that of burning metal. that is the best that i can describe it.  freaked me out and searched my entire house and there was nothing and the sensations stayed with me for over an hour.

anyone experience strange tastes or smell sensations
I should note that i often smell things that are not there to the point where i am dragging people around with me to find this mysterious smell that they can't even detect.

Quix addresses odd smells and tastes in the health page on parasthesis.   I found the information quite helpful, when I noticed similar odd smells and tastes - although I've not had them connected with hitting  my elbow.  Loud sounds have caused flashes in my vision . . . that has to be oddly similar???

Wired Weirdly,

Sherry
Thank you,

the article was very informative and helped to understand a few of the other things that i experience and have for many years though i never really found them bothersome just thought it was my eyes playing tricks. the smells however did and do bother me because they are odd smells. this was the first time that i have experienced a scent sensation after bumping a body part

thanks

tina
Hi  Tina,
I would definitely add the strange smells to your timeline of symptoms.  That is particularly strange that you had the smell linger from the elbow bump......

Be well,
Lulu