Multiple Sclerosis Community
smells and tastes
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

smells and tastes

this struck me as odd. the other day i banged my elbow and i guess it hit a nerve or something but i immediately got the strangest burning smell and taste similar to that of a short in electrical wires or that of burning metal. that is the best that i can describe it.  freaked me out and searched my entire house and there was nothing and the sensations stayed with me for over an hour.

anyone experience strange tastes or smell sensations
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I should note that i often smell things that are not there to the point where i am dragging people around with me to find this mysterious smell that they can't even detect.

Blank
Quix addresses odd smells and tastes in the health page on parasthesis.   I found the information quite helpful, when I noticed similar odd smells and tastes - although I've not had them connected with hitting  my elbow.  Loud sounds have caused flashes in my vision . . . that has to be oddly similar???

Wired Weirdly,

Sherry
Blank
Thank you,

the article was very informative and helped to understand a few of the other things that i experience and have for many years though i never really found them bothersome just thought it was my eyes playing tricks. the smells however did and do bother me because they are odd smells. this was the first time that i have experienced a scent sensation after bumping a body part

thanks

tina
Blank
572651_tn?1333939396
Hi  Tina,
I would definitely add the strange smells to your timeline of symptoms.  That is particularly strange that you had the smell linger from the elbow bump......

Be well,
Lulu
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979