Neurology Expert Forum
blurred vision. pressure in head and ears, dizziness, muscle weakness

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I have posted on undiagnosed symptoms also.  I have been having blurred vision, dizziness, pressure and fullness in ears and head and behind eyes, muscle weakness, joint pain, crick in neck, and severe fatigue for over a year now.  Oh! also heart pounding and times where I can hear it in my head and feel it. Also deep itching sensations in my muscles that of course you can't scratch like pins and needles.  Been to ENT nothing wrong with ears, been to primary doctor MRI normal. Switched Doctors because primary basically laughed at me.  Have new Doctor went to last week and he seems wonderful he got blood work from last doctor and said your CRP is high 21.2 so we need to do ANA and ESR and the ESR has come back normal do not know about ANA yet. I am only 35yr old female and was always so healthy unitl a little over a yr ago when this all started suddenly and it has been every single day now sometimes off and on during the day and sometimes last for hours.  I feel like I cannot function at times and my brain is foggy. I have to literally make myself move and do things at times. I have been on Zanax since going to the new doctor and it has not helped.  I also have funny noises in my ears and times from all the pressure. I hope and pray someone can give me some guidance as to what this might be. New doctor says if ANA comes back postive it might show a connective tissue disorder so I don't know I feel very helpless in away because somehow someway someone ought to be able to tell me what is happening to my body. Please some info!!!!
First of all, keep in mind that I am unable to diagnose you because I am unable to examine you, this forum is for educational purposes.
  The symptoms you describe are not specific for any single disorder, but there are several possibilities that should be investigated.  Blurred vision, headpressure in ears/behind the eyes, and pulsatile tinnitus (hearing your heartbeat in your ears) is common with a syndrome called benign intracranial hypertension (BIH)(also know as pseudo-tumor cerebri).  This condition often affects young females (ages 20-40), and is more prevelant in overwieght individuals(but not always).  The spinal fluid is at increased pressure (from decreased resorption) and causes the symptoms.  Diagnosis is made by lumbar puncture (spinal tap) to measure the spinal fluid pressure (typical BIH pressures will be 30-45mm H20)(normal pressure is 10-20mm H20). Some medications, such as diamox (acetozolamide) can also help reduce the pressure.  You should definitely have an ophtalamological exam as soon as possible to evaluate if the increased pressure is affecting your vision.  The increased spinal fluid pressure can cause papiledema (swelling of the optic disc) and visual field defects/blurry vision (which may be permanent if not addressed).  An additional scan that probably was not done on your MRI is an MRV (magnetic resonance venogram), that is very important to evaluate this condition (blockage of cerebral veins can cause BIH).  I would also send off the spinal fluid for inflammation (tourtelotte panel, oligoclonal bands) to evaluate for multiple sclerosis, Lyme disease antibodies/protiens, Epstein-Barr virus, cytomegalovirus to screen for other conditions that are possible as well.  You should also have an MRA (magnetic resonance angiogram) if you have not had one yet.  Vascular malformations such as AVMs, glomus tumors, etc can also cause your symptoms.
To summarize I would recommend a lumbar puncture to evaluate for BIH/ chronic infections and an MRA/MRV.
I hope this has been helpful.
I forgot to say that the crick is on the side I sleep went to Chiropractor and he said I have some degeneration in neck and that it is out of align went to him for awhile and did not get any better. So I don't think that this might have anything to do with symptoms not sure.
I am sorry I keep forgeting things until after I post comment. I also had a severe headache on left side of head a few weeks ago that is the first time that has ever happened I have had headaches before but I thought I was going to die that is how bad it hurt. I took aspirin and used ice and it went away. It has not happened since then but I do get a dull ache on that side of my head. I just thought that I should mention that. I keep hearing people talk about lyme disease on these forums but I have never been bit by a tic. Some of the people though seem to have some of the same symptoms so I don't know. I will not post anything else I think I have covered everthing. I am just very frustrated. I want to feel good again.  Thanks
I have had same problems for over a year now.  Started with back pain, headaches, muscular skeletal pain, doctor diagnosed me with chronic fatigue syndrome. I saw a neurologist a few weeks ago and he has said compression of the spinal cord in the neck area.  I am waiting to go for an mri scan asap.  I also have floaters in both eyes, vibrating L shoulder and R foot and sciatica down the backs of my legs. I wake up some mornings and feel like I have a hangover.
Alot of your symptoms sound like migraine. Especially the one sided headaches. Migraines can also cause blurred vision, dizziness, pressure/fullness in ears/head and behind eyes, tinnitis, muscle weakness, a foggy brain, as well as an inability to concentrate. Maybe mention migraine to your doctor to see what he thinks. I sure hope you get better soon!
No it has not been mentioned, but I have seen alot about it on the forums. I have never been bitten by a tic.
Hi Riley70,

Sorry for your problems.

I also have some weird symptoms and the doctors can't find out what is causing... I agree with ihatepvc (we have exchanged messages, haven't we), Lyme is a possibility. I got tested but still waiting to see a doctor that asks for more specific tests. The point is, keep looking and don't give up. My last neuro said to me to stop looking on the internet, but if we don't care for our health who will??

Dear jen75,

Yes, compression on the spinal cord can cause some of your symptoms, but our nervous system don't goes "backwards", so if you have a problem on you neck, it's not going to affect you vision.

Is it only me or seems that there is something out there that is causing A LOT of neuro problems and the doctors don't know what it is (maybe Lyme??)??

Every new doctor I go says something different, and asks for different tests... (I know I'm just starting with my medical bills).

I hope that all of us get an answer for what is causing our suffering... I think it's easier to fight against something you know, instead fighting against a ghost...

Best wishes !:)
Dear jen75,  I appreciate your message. I am sorry you are going through all of this.  Maybe with all of us supporting each other we can help figure out what is wrong. I wonder how long it takes usually for one of the neuro's on this sight to give some ideas probably a day or 2 don't know but I am curious as to what they will say about my question.  Thanks, let meknow what happens with the mri.
Hi All,
  I have all the same symptoms for over 1 1/2 years now. I got tested for Lyme disease 2 months ago from Igenex and the test came back positive. I went to see a lyme literate dr and he put me on Antibiotics right away. Its been 6 weeks now, the first 5 weeks were hell, but I think I am now starting to feel better. I can now function normally and go about my daily routines. It was so bad I was bedridden and drs would not put me on disability because all my labs and MRI's and spinal fluid tests were normal. The lyme dr told me in 6 months I should feel about 50% better. In the mean time Im going to try and return to work and hope for the best. By the way, I live in East Los Angeles where there is very little evidence of Lyme disease. All it takes is one little bug that picked up the bacteria from a rodent to bite you and inject the bacteria into your blood. A good refrence website is WWW.Canlyme.com
There is a Lyme disease support meeting at Whittier Presbyterian Hospital, Calif. Sept 9th at 1:00pm in Room F.
I wish us all good luck and may God Bless.....
Thanks for writing.  So you are saying that a tic does not have to bite you for you to get lyme? Let me ask you to were or are you extra sensitive to noise at times like it is magnified 10 times over? Please write back.
Yes, I am oversenstive to noise, but not light. A slamming car door will scare the hell out of me. Before I became sick I was very healthy. I have a degree in Nutritional Science and I was jogging 15 miles a week and at the gym 5 times a week. I was in top physical shape, right now I feel like an old man and Im only 35 years old.
I know what you mean about feeling old. I am 35yr old female with a wonderful husband and 9yr old daughter and sometimes I feel like people think I am crazy but oh well what can you say. You are the only one that knows how you feel inside.  I have a very supportive husband so that is a blessing and I know he just wants the doctors to find out what is going on and help me get better.  I will ask the doctor to do a lyme test.  I am surprised that the new doc did not even mention lyme as a possible problem. Do you know if you can have an elevated CRP with lyme or a positive AMA?  Thanks and I hope you get better very soon. I will be praying for you and I know that God can heal!!!!!!!!
I completely understand your frustration with dr's.  My husband went thru something similar.  His primary care just didn't seem to care.  When he would go to a specialist they would at least take him serious and do as much as they could but when they couldn't find the cause of his symptoms....mainly gastrointestinal...it was back to the primary dr.  I finally got so fed up with months of this and his "you have to find the disease before you can treat the disease and some times you DONT find it" roller coaster.  I demanded a pet scan.  They all suspected a cancer but couldn't locate on.  I told them to order the test and let it locate it if it is there.  IT WAS THERE and it is in his brain.  He will have his first appt with a neurosurgeon on Thursday where we will get the "diagnosis" officially... BRAIN TUMOR!  We know it is in his pineal gland and that it is rare.  Also possible that he has sinus cancer too which is rare.

Not telling this story to scare anyone.  We know when something is not right.  Insist they keep looking until the cause is found.  If your not one to speak up for your self, as in my husbands case, take someone who will.  His is a story of wasted months of searching.  In the dr's defense I do have to say he didn't have most of the brain tumor symptom.  My husband is only 42.
Thanks for your message.  I sure hope you find out what is going on with you.  Please let me know what you find out. God Bless
Lyme tests can be very tricky. You have to find the right lab to run the test. Kaiser usually uses Quest labs to perform their Lyme testing, not good. I know this from personal experience and directly being shown by the lab manager at Kaiser. They dont test for two all important bands 31 and 34KDa. These 2 bands were originally omitted because they would come out postive if you ever received the Lyme vaccine back in the 90's. The Lyme vaccine was discontinued in 1998. The CDC never reinstituted those 2 bands as part of lyme testing due to the fact that if you had received the lyme vaccine you would test positive. Bands 31 amd 34kda test specifically for the outer surface proteins of the lyme bacteria. I did all my research in trying to find out the cause of my illness and it helped that I have a medical background. By the way, I did test postive on those 2 bands and a couple others. Here is where to start....Call Igenex(.com) lab and ask for a free blood testing kit. Then take the kit to your Dr. and tell him you want to send a blood sample to this specialty lab for lyme testing. The Dr. has to write a prescription for it. It costs around $390, but it is better to know that you either have it and begin treatment or you dont and move on to try and find something else. I tested negative on 4 seperate lyme tests at Kaiser, only to find out I was Lyme positive from Igenex. I am all out to try and help people that are suffering what I have/am going through. I wouldnt wish this on anyone....
Had you taken any fluoroquinolone antibiotics (such as Cipro, Levaquin, Tequin, Avelox or Floxin) at any time prior to your symptoms first appearing?  These drugs could be a possible explanation to over 90% of the symptoms people have mentioned in this thread (and many other threads on this site, actually).  Side effects from fluoroquinolones can appear for months after a person has stopped taking them, which can make the connection of the symptoms to the cause difficult at times.  These adverse reactions can also persist for years or even be permanent depending on the individual.

I have had a lot of the same symptoms lately.  Do you ever grind your teeth?  My doctor, dentist and chiro think it is TMJ.  Have you any problems with your jaw or teeth?
I do have TMJ and have had it for about 16yrs so I know for a fact that is not it.  I hope you get better soon.
Hi everyone!  I have been reading your comments and I understand what each of you are going though. I pray that we all will find answers and treatments for our medical problems and get on with our lives. I am also at my wits end and don't know what else to do.  Initially, I thought my problem was dental related.  I am experiencing excruciating throbbing, stabbing, electric shock-like pain that originates in my lower right gum, in the area of my 3rd molar (wisdom tooth).  The pain travels up the right side of my face and head, causing facial spasms, burning sensation, tearing and twitching of my right eye, blurred vision and headaches.  At first I thought the pain was in my tooth.  The pain is not provoked by anything in particular.  It happens when I am doing nothing, talking, putting food in my mouth, chewing, brushing my teeth, drinking water or any beverage, washing or touching my lips or face or just licking my lips.  The problem has persisted for approximately 5 years and have become increasingly more severe.  I have visited several dentist, dental hygienist, endodontist, orthodontist and maxillofacial surgeon.  I have had fillings replaced, 2 root canals,treated with pain medications and antibiotics and finally, in desperation, 3 extractions (1st, 2nd and 3 molars on lower right side). I had planned to replace them with dental implants.  The last sugery was performed almost a year to date and I am in more pain than ever!  Now, the Maxillofacial Surgeon think it might be TMJ since I was previously treated for the problem as an adult and wore braces for over 2 1/2 years.  He referred me to an Orthodontist for evaluation and treatment and braces were recommended. I'm thinking,,,,how can I withstand ortho treatment and dental implants when I am in so much pain!  I reguested and MRI ( I had to request it myself) and the results was negative for TMJ. Now, I am truely frustrated and confused about the diagnosis.  In my research, I found a condition called Trigeminal Neuralgia.  I am apprehensive about what I am finding and want to know if any of you are familiar with this condition? I am now searching for a Neurologist.  I am an active, healthy, 55 year young female.  I am self-employed, unable to work most days and my quality of life is greatly affected.  I am anxiously waiting to hear from anyone who can help.  Be Blessed.
You are so right.  I never even thought about having lyme until I got on this sight so I don't know. Do you have lyme? What is so bad nothing I am having done the insurance I had would even cover now they have terminated my insurance.  I am a lost because I cannot afford to keep running up doctor bills to find out what is wrong with me.  What is your story?  Thanks for writing me.
Thanks so much for writing back. I hope you are doing well. I am going to see about seeing a neurologist as soon as possible.
Does anyone know if psuedo tumor cerebri can cause a positive ANA?
I came across this site as I have the exact same symptoms as some of you have described. I have been asked to go for an ENG exam by my ENT specialist. He suspects it is a viral infection of the innere ear. I don't feel the stuff around me spinning but it is a general feeling of loss of balance, blurriness in both my eyes ( I am a technology worker so I stare at a cpmputer monitor about 10 hours a day). do not wear glasses. I am in my early 40's.feel as if I have had 3 shots of whisky at any given time ( no fun as I would rather enjoy the drink prior to feeling drunk ;-)).

Are you guys seeing any improvement? I have been like this for the past 4 months or so. My Primary care Dr. laughs at me so I went directly to the ENT who is a little more compassionate.

Some times I feel if I faint and actually pass out it may be better as someone will take me to the hospital to run all the required tests, it is really frustrating.

Cliff
Sorry it has taken me awhile to write back.  I haven't been on here in a few days.  I have finally been diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri and I finally see a neurologists on Sep 14th.  Keep searching do not give up to find out what is wrong with you.  I had a doctor treat me that way a few months ago and if he would have taken me seriously, I likely would already be better.  I hope everthing works out for you and you get the help you need to feel better.  I know exactly how you feel.  I will be praying for you that you get exactly what you need.  Please let me know what you find out.

This week I feel a little better. Maybe it is because I stopped drinking "Starbucks" coffee...I don't know. I used to drink about 2 cups a day, cut down to .5 cup watered down heavily. I am just experimenting. Plan to stop coffee completely next week to see if it makes any major difference.

Will keep posting and my prayers to all.

Cliff
pseudotumor cerebri is something that i have.  i think all of you are on the wrong path there with suggesting it being lyme disease.  PTC is awful.  the medicine Diamox that i take to reduce the fluid in my brain had dehydrated my body so much that i have had 3 kidney stones in 5 years, 2 that required sugery.  i am only 34.  i have no insurance and am really poor, i have not gone to a doctor in nearly 4 years except to demand he refill my prescription for 2 more years. i leave his office crying because it cost me $54.00 just for him to renew my medicine. he says i need to see a specialist because my eyes are not doing so well.  yeah, with WHAT money????  i am not on welfare and i do the best i can.  i am so angry and so very scared...
I hope everyone finds out what's wrong soon. I'm 21 and I suffer from some of the same symptoms. It all started with a headache that has lasted over a month. I am getting a headache every other day. With the headaches I get a burning sensation in my head, neck, and face. I also get blurry vision, leg muscle weakness and difficulty swallowing sometimes.  But most of all I get extreme fatigue. I've been back and forth to the doctor and have had a sinus ct and a head ct...... besides a little sinus thickening nothing. This is very scary being so young. I'm now see a neuro who thinks its migraine. I just trying not to work myself into depression.
Hi Riley
just browsing on the net, and noticed i have the same symptoms as you and wondering what they could be.
Im getting dizziness, losing my balance sometimes, and blurred vision where the back of my eyes really hurt. I dont know if this is due to too much sleep as i can sleep for 12 hours sometimes! Im also getting whats described as 'fullness' in my ears and mainly back of my head where it feels swollen up at times. I do have a high frequency hearing loss, so it could be linked to this, im not sure.
Ive read all sorts of things as to what it might be linked to, from Menieres disease(vertigo) to brain tumour symptoms which some i have. It been like this for a few days now along with panic attacks which i dont get that often, and they are making me more worried of what it is. and the sleep hasnt made me feel better at all. going to doctor tuesday to ask for a brain scan for peace of mind, but somthing is clearly wrong. Im eating and drinking fine so i know it cant me somthing minor.
I have had blurred vision for the past 5 months.  I can be looking at someone/something, tv, computer, driving and it literally feels like by eyeballs are going crosseyed, then my vision gets blurred and i have to move my eyes to the right or left quick to regain my vision.  this happens 50+ times a day.  I went to my PC and referred me to neurologist.  He ordered blood work including lyme MRI, EEG & Visual Evoked Potential tests.  He wasn't hopeful to find anything wrong in the bloodwork which all came back normal.  I also have pressure in head/neck behind eyes are really sore.  I occasionally get ringing in my ears, see stars for no reason.  I have severe fatigue.  I had a severe headache that lasted for 1 week that no medicine could get rid of.  I am also a 35 yr old female.  So far I have had the MRI brain w/o & w/contrast.  Impression: no abnormality seen to explain the symptoms & single focus of T-2 hyperintensity in the right frontal lobe white matter which is nonspecific and may be within normal limits for age.  During the MRI with contrast, I felt like i was falling off the table lying down.  I got severe vertigo and was in bed all weekend.  I don't know if this is another symptom of what is going on or if it could be from the MRI/contrast.  Is there any other test that should be considered?  My neurologist says that the vertigo must be different from my other symptoms with my eyes.  Any ideas?  Can an EEG or VEP test show something that a MRI can't?  It is hard to get out of bed and function.  I work full time and am a wife and mother of 6 1/2 yr old with ADHD.  Please any comments would be helpful.  Thanks,  Sutton
This is my first time posting....I will give you a brief overview of my symptoms.  I have dealt with various health concerns such as HBP since the age of 23....I am now 50.  I have also been on meds for it (from one to four pills at a time to control it, it is genetic)I also have MVP,Leaky aortic valve, irregular heart beat, and mur mur..... all of this but seem to be doing fine. On August 22nd I was unexpectedly laid off, and on March the 4th my mom passed away, and dad had to be placed in a nursing home immediately afterward with Alzheimer's disease.  As you can see this has been a very stressful time.  This is a brief overview of life up to this point.

Three weeks ago in the evening my head started to pound at the crown and felt hot....like I could feel my heart beat throughout my body.  This concerned me  as I was at rest, and I know a difference in my body works!  The next day I called my cardiologist's office.....they told me to monitor it.  It seemed to stay within normal ranges.

It kept up, so I went to my chiropractor thinking it was sinus.  He had me sit up and he pushed his fingers into the top crease (soft spot ) of my skull....oh my God that hurt!  I will never go again.  Now I am, I believe, dealing with bruising in my skull....my hair even is uncomfortable and my head is itching like a healing bruise would itch....is this possible?  I am going to make an appointment for an MRI per my internist just to rule out any concerns.  Of course I am thinking "TUMOR" and get scared when I let my mind wander.....can you beautiful people let me know what you think????  What else could this be?  Many blessings to you all.
I just saw your comments on the sight and wanted to touch base with you.  I have all of the same symptoms as you.  I was diagnosed with Systemic Lupus and Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy.  I understand how you are feeling.  It is hard to have all of this stuff going on in your body and no matter how well you can discribe it to every Dr. in the world, they have no way to tell you how to fix it.  Good luck.  Talk to you later.
Hello All. I too suffer from the head pressure, blurred vision, joint pain, and what have you. I have had some of these symptoms for years and have thought I had Lyme disease but none of the tests came up positive. The head and ear pressure started about three months ago, about 2-3 months afer the discovery of a very tiny tick on my forearm. I got a small rash but my arms are very hairy so it was hard to tell if a target had appeared. My son developed lyme years ago and had a classic traget rash. We are in Maryland and live on a wooded lot where we have deer on a daily basis. I would say do not depend so much on the blood test. The Lyme disease is known for hiding itself in your body. My son had a huge target rash and he came up negative on the test. They treated for lyme based on the targe rash and his being very tired. He would sleep for hours and that was not like him (he was not a teenager then). I am now on antibiotics and will be for the next 60 days. They are considering an IV antibiotic and are waiting for new test results. I feel for all of you. It is very frustrating feeling so bad with no answers. Good luck.

Mike
I had been perscribed a 10 day dose of Levaquin for a stubborn sinus infection. Finished full dose 4 weeks ago. I finished the dose and thought I was still sick. I went back to my family doctor insisting that I was still sick. Did several tests and eveything came back normal including my white blood cell count. He told me I had no infection left and he gave me samples of allergy meds and sent me on my way. I had chest pains with no cough and heaviness feeling in chest, sinuses were swollen with little mucas, ears were stuffy on and off (like they were popping due to air pressure) irregular heart beat especially at night, biggest problem was dizziness and innability to focus most of the day, occassional vision blurriness associated with the dizziness, headache on top of head, and dull pain in left groin area. Neck is stiff and back hurts every morning. After doing my own research I realized that my chest pain and percieved chest problems was bad reflux most likely from antibiotic. Pilosec cured that. Sinuses are slightly better, but ear problems coming and going during the day. Dizziness is still here and makes life miserable. Axiety and depression slightly better, but still present. using Ambien to sleep. I was a pillar of health until I got the sinus infection. Could someone tell me if this is something else or is this the Levaquin? Thank you.
In regard to the first post. (and I'm in the UK!) I to have the same symptoms. this has been going on now for 3 years.. and progressivly getting worse. I had blood test done and MRI have all come back negative. my GP hadn't a clue what was wrong with me and put me on anti depressants (as my syptoms (symptoms) were causing anxity attacks, which under the circumstances on how i feel is understandable) these have done no good and my symtoms (symptoms) have progressed more. I had e'nuff when my gp told me it was probably spinal and told me to see a chiropractor ... which did no good bar cost me a fortune. so 2 months ago went back and demanded to be referred to a nuro specalist. (as one I am not stressed out but am just conserned for health!). he has done. the nuro i saw said I had to many sypmtoms to treat! and did a complete blood work up on me (he did mutter lymes) and had a MRI again. (last week). have seen him today and was very patronising to me and said the MRI was fine and you know it's more detailed than a post mortom! (think he told me 5 times, to which I was thinking great. excellent, but am still in the same situation) he wouldn't give me a reason for my constant clicks and pops in my ears and head and fullness of sinus etc.. etc.. as my MRI sinus showed solid black which he pointed out to me being clean and full of air. *BUT I STILL HAVE HEAVY SINUS FEELING! ETC grrrr* so back at square one.. he has refered me to a balance expert to check my balance as I feel unsteady on my feet.. (mainly due to them feeling heavy and weak all the time, in the knees etc and them feeling like they are going to give way any second...causing loss of balance) the sad fact is I am becoming use to feeling like $!"
Hi Everyone, has anyone tried salt/c protocol like at this website: http://lymephotos.com/

i have the same problems in my head, and last winter it got so bad, i almost passed out completely....i've never had a lyme test done, b/c the symptoms subsided through summer, but they are back!  i'm looking into this salt/c protocol, if it doesn't seem to help i'm going back to the doc, and asking him if it might be lyme...he told me it might be anxiety, but i don't have anxiety!!!  i started having these wierd sensations they seem very medical!  anyways,  salt/c anyone try it??? i'm curious if it works!  thanks!
anyone try salt/c protocol?  some say it cures lyme:

http://lymephotos.com/  this is the site...

A related discussion, I need to know what is in balance/pressure/dizzy was started.
A related discussion, Various Symptons Various Cures We are all different was started.
A related discussion, not the same, anymore was started.
Hi all I can't believe what I'm reading I don't feel so alone! I had a baby in Jan 4 months ago and right after started having horrible head aches daily well I chalked it up to epidural they continued and I got worse and worse w my ear hurtig down in and very full feeling,swelling in my hand and feet and neck,my neck hurts so bad then I got seerly dizzy and blurred vision that is dabilitating! My chest will Hurt and I get short of breath and I get the pins and needles feelig in my Arms and hands and legs and feet sometimes! My eyes hurt and burn and feels like I'm looking down at my nose. The dizziness and blurred bison r horrible! I can't even function and I'm a wife and mother to two girls 4 moths and 3! I have been through sooooo many tests mris w and w out contrast,cat scans w w out contrast o head and chest,bloodwork out the wazoo and I had a positive Ana and my CPR was elevated doxtors were saying lupus sent me to rhemotologist and did more bloodwork and lupus panels which I don't have! Been to eye doxtors,Optimologist,ear nose and throa doxors reg doctor and many er trips nobody can help and don't een want to listen to me! My doctor told me there is nothing wrong w me asking if I'm doing it to myself???? I started to feel a lil better for like 3 wks and it's now back AGAIN! My eyes always felt like they swelled and couldn't close them when I was sick before and now it's back and they burn.all the test j had came back normal excer the Ana and CPR! I wish someone would help me or even take me seriously I can't even function and there is something wrong w me all I want is to get better so I can take care of my family! I'm 25 yr old female who has been pretty healthy to this point. I'm at a loss of what to do now anyone have any ideas or dirextiong I should go? And the person who first posted I saw u were diagnosed? What did they find out and how? Alsoni have sensitivinty to light and sounds! Please anyone help me
I landed on this page after Googling my symptoms and seeking explanations given by medical professionals; the difference with my situation is that I have the answer to my condition. I am in the 'challenge phase' of a strict elimination diet to more specifically determine and diagnose a range of food intolerances. This diet is set by the immunologists at the Royal Prince Alfred Allergy Unit in Sydney, Australia. Without going into specifics here, I suggest you consider food intolerance as a very real possibility for your condition. My extreme reaction to foods containing naturally occurring amines are an exact match for yours given above. Fatigue, muscle aches and weakness, loss of balance, lack of concentration, extreme dizziness, tinnitus, 'skin crawl', migraine... the list goes on but these are the major effects. Severity changes according to the load from the food's eaten. I know this is an old post, but if I can help anyone overcome the debilitating symptoms Of foodintolerance, I have to take it. Good luck.
L.Tyler NSW, Australia
A related discussion, pressure on head was started.
A related discussion, i have aches was started.
A related discussion, Dizziness, blurred vision, throbbing in ears, falling was started.