Aa
A
A
Close
Help! Conflicting scans
I had a hysterectomy 9/09 with ovaries intact.  Recently ive been experiencing pain and had a CT, it showed Bilateral Complex Adnexal Cysts with small amouth of free fluid in cul de sac.  The cysts measured 2.0cm and 1.8cm.  I had a US afterwards to get a closer look and nothing was found.  How is that possible?  How can a CT see one thing and an  US nothing?  My Doctor just said "all looks good".  Like I should forget about it all.   Someone please explain how this could happen, possible scenarios.  Could the CT have been wrong? or is the US wrong?  Obviously something is off.
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1340994 tn?1374197577
Just get copies of the report to see what they say.  If you don't understand, post a new question with at least the impressions typed in, and we can tell you what they mean.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
6573002 tn?1383661437
It could be that the cysts resolved themselves. Did the pain diminish at all? I had an ultrasound miss a cyst twice though- MRI found it after they the u/s couldn't find anything
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I put in original post exactly what the scans said, that's what was so confusing to me.
I've asked to have another scan in 6 weeks as a follow up.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cysts Community Resources