Ovarian Cysts Community
OVARIAN PAIN

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

OVARIAN PAIN

I have had left ovary area pain for quite some time now.  I do have a cyst on both ovaries and have them checked regularly.  I have also had blood work done for cancer,  I had a colonoscopy not too long ago and it was normal.  Also on a regular basis while asleep the pain will wake me up.  I try to pull my leg up so I can lay in the fetal position, but the pain on my left side radiates down my leg and i literally have to pull my leg up with my arms.  The pain subsides at times then it will act up again for no reason.  It is distressing to me and I don't know what else to do as far as stressing to my doctors that I do have this pain and they don't seem to be concerned.  What type of test can you reccomment I get to rule out cancer.  I do have alot of muscle pain in my back and have MS.  I just started to take Lyrica a few weeks ago and I think it has helped alittle, but the left sided ovary pain and pelvic has not gone away.  any suggestions
Tags: cysts
Hi, if your current doctor isn't listening you need to go see another one. Hopefully you are seeing a GYN.  

How are they checking regularly?  What other tests have you had other than the blood work and colonoscopy?  What kind of cysts do you have?

If you give us a little more information about yourself, such as age, whether you are pre or post menopausal and history (what is "quite some time now"?) I think it would be easier for someone to answer you.

How long have they been checking them?  If they haven't dissipated after 3 months they need to be looking at taking them out.  You don't need to live with this pain.  Based on tests, etc. doctors can have a pretty good idea of whether your cyst is suspicious or not but cannot be entirely sure it is benign until they take it out and test it.
Yes I too have had this kind of pain and it almost makes me pass out, it is from my cysts, if you have to make your doctor do tests on it do so , and stress how much pain you are in ,don't take no for an answer, cysts bust and get twisted and have how can I put it , it's like a stickery bush , going through and or twisting in my fallopian tubes, Ouch is not the word for it , there is relief and you make your doctor listen to you, if they don't ,find one that will. a woman usually understands it better than a man. they always think you are  complaining too much and think it's in your head , or they just brush it off as being a woman . If they brush it off , just say look I came to you for help , not so you can make lite of it. you try being a woman and see how far you get without going to the doctor for help with pain. You wouldn't make it 10 minutes. if he don't listen walk out and tell him all the way out the door , then go to a woman who will listen. Don't let a man tell you how much pain you are in how could he possibly know or even fathom it if he doesn't have it? I'ts in their head that , oh it's just a woman thing. Well Doctors have the it's just a Man thing and couldn't get through childbirth with out being Knocked out. Men Doctors , who brush off woman's issues with ,WOMAN PAIN, should not even be treating it anyway. PERIOD.