Ovarian Cysts Community
left ovarian cyst questions lot of questions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

I am a 44 y.o. female, back in august i started to have terrible groin pain and low back pain that spread to buttocks. after finding blood and bacteria in my urine and a very high white blood count 17000.  I was treated for a uti. But the pain just stayed and have been going to the dr and er since with extreme pain in those areas and sometimes down my thigh, behind my knee.  also 9 visits to chiropractor.
Long story short we all thought the pain was coming from bulging discs pressing on nerves.  then after neurosurgeon ruled out that., we realized that both my pelvic cat scan and mri showed a left cyst. although i had a total hysterectomy in 2002 we kept the left ovary only what confuses me the most is this:
The mri on 11/1 reads: a 5cm. unilocular left adnexal cyst, tiny adjacent follicle confirms left ovarian origin, also common bile duct dilated at 13mm. ( had my gallbladder out many years ago).  
The cat scan on 11/24 reads  : 5cm. multilocular cyst as ovarian or adnexal cyst, dilated common bile duct 20mm. with some pancreatic duct dilation as well. My general dr. did a ca125 and numbers were good.  Does anyone know difference between unilocular, multilocular, adnexal, and does the common bile duct have anything to do with it?  I balled my eyes out when i learned that i cannot get into an ob/gyn until January and I have a lot of pain every day makes it difficult to even stand or walk to long.  I weigh 125 lbs. and my stomach is extremely bloated, really big.  Any advice or any comments would soooooooo much be appreciated.
I do know that it is good that your cyst has not grown in a month's time. I would get a different gyn that you can get into sooner.  I have had simliar issues and am scheduled to get my cyst removed next week!
Thank you for your comment.  That was appreciated.  I have tried to find another ob sooner but no luck I live in a pretty rural area and even the bigger hospitals an hour away can't see me till Jaunuary.  I have had cyst before but never this kind of pain, not understanding what kind it is also makes me very curious