338?1253926741
Positive Thoughts User Group
Positive Quote Wednesday (on Thursday) June 3
About This Group:

Hi, My name is Survivable. Two years ago I started concentrating on Daily Positive Thoughts, and it has helped improve my emotional, physical, and spiritual, life. If you agree, join this group, read my daily thoughts, add your positive thoughts, and/or comment. Thanks for visiting.

Founded by Survivable on September 25, 2009
166 members

Okay, so Memorial Day threw me off a little this week. It sure feels like Wednesday! Not to worry - inspirational quotes can help any day of the week. Today, we look at the idea of releasing. Many of us hold on to anger, pain or even bad habits without realizing the answer lies within. Here are some reminders:

“Sincere forgiveness isn’t colored with expectations that the other person apologize or change. Don’t worry whether or not they finally understand you. Love them and release them. Life feeds back truth to people in its own way and time.” Sara Paddison

Forget all rules, forget all restrictions, as to taste, as to what ought to be said, write for the pleasure of it — whether slowly or fast — every form of resistance to a complete release should be abandoned. ~ William Carlos Williams

“I heard an Angel singing

When the day was springing,

“Mercy, Pity, Peace

Is the world’s release.”” William Blake

“Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace. The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things; knows not the livid loneliness of fear.” Amelia Earhart

“It is not the end of the physical body that should worry us. Rather, our concern must be to live while we’re alive - to release our inner selves from the spiritual death that comes with living behind a facade designed to conform to external definitions of who and what we are.” Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

“It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.” Alan Cohen

“Our repeated failure to fully act as we would wish must not discourage us. It is the sincere intention that is the essential thing, and this will in time release us from the bondage of habits which at present seem almost insuperable.” Thomas Troward

“Orgy Porgy, Ford and fun. Kiss the girls and make them one. Girls at one with Boys at peace. Orgy progy gives release.” Aldous Huxley

“Unto this wood I came As to a nest; Dreaming that sylvan peace Offered the harrowed ease- Nature a soft release From men’s unrest” Thomas Hardy

“At least one way of measuring the freedom of any society is the amount of comedy that is permitted, and clearly a healthy society permits more satirical comment than a repressive, so that if comedy is to function in some way as a safety release then it must obviously deal with these taboo areas. This is part of the responsibility we accord our licensed jesters, that nothing be excused the searching light of comedy. If anything can survive the probe of humour it is clearly of value, and conversely all groups who claim immunity from laughter are claiming special privileges which should not be granted.” - Eric Idle
mishymoshymarcy You're not struggling anymo... Comment
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status