Pregnancy: Am I Pregnant Community
Brown spotting and light bleeding not sure if it is my period or am I p...

WELCOME TO THE "AM I PREGNANT" COMMUNITY: This is a support community where women can ask, "Am I Pregnant" questions and discuss pregnancy concerns with other members who share the same interest.

Viewing 601-691 comments:
You could have miscarried :/
my last period was on 9 aug and now i got some brown discharge on 5th of sep but usually i get bleeding on 2nd day but this time there is only one blood bleeding in morning & whole day it was nothing pls help me out why is it so. and me & my husband want to have 1st baby but there is no result yet.is there any chance of being pregnant
Im getting the same thing and as a teen im very afraid to tell my mom. Its not heavy bleeding but it looks like blood. Its a light color and i get the brown stuff too. What is it
Check to make sure you got your tampon out. Believe it or not, this happens to alot of women.
last month on the 6 i sew my period for 3 day and these month it came on the 2 of these again is it normal.
Hi every one, i dont know if i'm prego but i want to be thou, i missed my period for a entire month am not on any birth control pills or any thing like that but it came the first week in November for 3 days when i'm a 5-7day kind of girl, it came brown then pink then dark red like old blood sorry for being so blunt, and that was for two days and on the third it was back to brownish discharge and that was that. I've been really moody, food makes me sick but i haven't thrown up, back pain, head aches, and cramps now and then. I'm not sure what's goin on please help.Ash
I know this is old but I am going through the exact same thing right now! And it is my 9th day of actually having blood but before that I started with this brown discharge, but as u said when u wear a pad it is still like brown spotting.. just wondering as to what happened?
I had sex day after Christmas and my period ended on the 20th so it's been more than 2 weeks. I started bleeding brown blood 7 days ago and its been pretty heavy. Every now and then I would see light red blood. And today I was cramping a little bit and alot of red blood came out. And now I'm wearing a pad and nothing come out. Usually my boobs get sore before I start but nothings happening so hopefully I'm not pregnant.
On february 3rd I was suppose two start my period but on the 2nd I got light pink discharge so I assumed I was about to start  the next day  so on the 3rd I had really light bleeding\spotting maybe light red blood every 20mins this lasted until the 4th on the 5th I discharged light pink/brown this morning it ended off light brown and there has been nothing since can you please tell me what this means
My period came for 2 days&jst left im eating everything in site & everyone says I looked like I gained weight could I be pregnant?! I have no symptons. I had all the signs when I got pregnant with my daughter! Should I geT a test or should I wait it out?!
Hi my name is Adriana and I have been trying to get pregnant for a while now. My husband and I have tried to time out the perfect time to concieve (conceive) this past month. My period was only one day late which it was supposed to arrive april 1st 2012 and came the following day. It was very light pink which mine is normally heavy and this will be the third day today and I'm getting brownish discharge. What could this mean?? Help
Hi my name is maya am kinda having the same situation my period was due for d 20th of april but on d 21st I start seeing spottage n d same brownish colour so i just assume it was my period but then later that day it stopped so i find that strange two day pass still nothing so i decided to take a home test it came out negative then on the 26 I start back with the samething and its very light most time if i wear a panty liner i don't see nothing otherwise from when i go to the batheroom i don't know what this is am wondering if am pregnant because me and my boyfriend are trying to ave kids now am wondering if i should take another test are go and see the doctor do you think i maybe pregnant?  
I game of the depo injection 3 months ago, I recently had little bits of brown spotting on the 19th of April and now on the 2nd of may it happens again, this is accompanies by period like cramps and during the 6,7 of may it turns into red then brown then red mostly when I wipe it's red but quite light, was just looking for advice is this my period or could I be pregnant?
Okay so for the past 4to5 days now ive been having spotting of blood it started around around the time I get my period, but it's just spotting at times can be brown, could I be pregnant?
Please some answer me ASAP because I'm very
Worried and nerves I'm only 17 idk if I'm
Ready
i dont start my period for another 2 weeks but one day i go to the bathroom and as i was wipping it was light color of blood, so i put a tampon in just in case, then hour went by i had to pee, i took it out and on different spots of it it was light color of blood and some brown stuff??? :/ i dont know what that means, so i been wearing a panty liner and brown stuff keeps coming out is it a sign im pregnant
I was supposed to get my period on May 12, but instead got it on May 15. It wasn't like my normal periods. There was a little bit of brown blood for the day. The next day just a little an then the next day nothing. I haven't bleed since. Is there a chance I could be pregnant?
I just got my period. I usually have a heavy flow, and horrible cramps. Well, my period started today and its light and looks brown and black. Im two days early. I know your period can get brown and black at the end of your period.. i've had it before. But this seems different, its clots. Idk if its a miscarrige or something is really wrong.
Hi ladies im having the same prob but my periods arent regular me n my husband have been ttc for a couple montha now i did have my period last month bit have not got it dis month, i took a hpt and it was negative now i been haing some brown discharge and mild cramping can this mean im prego?? How long should i wait to test again?
Hi Ladies,
i have a question and it keeps stressing me out.I had an unprotected intercourse last June 24th, then a week after i got a normal heavy period. I got a spotting at around Jul 16th (after 3rd week of intercourse). Now im late for my next period for 6days, it was supposed to come Jul 27th (33day cycle). I got 2 negative hpts.  I dont want to keep my hopes up, but could i be pregnant?
I am experiencing almost the exact same thing. From everything I've read so far, which is a lot, makes it sound like implantation bleeding- except for the fact that, now, it seems to be heavier and now constant, but very dark and chunky. I believe I am experiencing early miscarriage now. I don't know I'm just worried. Anyone else have any advice please!!!
Last month when i was suppose to be having my period there was no blood! I had brownish discharge with a very small amount of very light pink discharge! It barely got on my panties but it was there when i wiped!! (Sorry if this is tmi) I'm not taking BC and my boyfriend doesn't use a condom, he withdrawals! Its not time for my period this month so i don't know what to expect! Would anyone possibly know why this happened to me??? Pls i need some hlp! :(
I am linda 21 years old had an abortion in july since then my periods v never been normal its always brownish blood and am on injection for birth control am sscared am I pregnant or am I sick help mme
hi i had my period but during it i felt sick n also tired n dizzy the 1st two days of it were really heavy and had some clots  then the 3rd n 4day were light brown by the 5 i was done and it usually last 7 days now its been 2 days after period n still have cramps on my right...
could i be pregnant my fiance n i always use the pull-out method...
hi, i needs answers! i was supposed to have my period 5 days ago but nothing major has happened.  i started spotting the 2nd day i was supposed to come on. i have had a few signs of pregnancy but nothing major. i have headaches (but i always have headaches), minor cramps, backaches, frequent urination, i have been extra tired, gassy, and moody which is unusual becasue i love to play but lately i have been ready to snap on any and everybody.
I was a few days late on my period and now I have very light spotting. Also my cervix are very high and mostly closed. I'm not sure if this is a period or pregnancy. We have been ttc for a year and I'm on the brink of giving up! I have been on a 26 day cycle for since having my iud removed a year ago I mean down the the HOUR! Please HELP!!
Hi I've been having headaches bad cramps and last weekend had light pink stains in my underwear this morning had really bad heartburn but when I went toilet I had a brown stain in my underwear could u be pregnant due on Monday but think it's to early to test ant advice plz
I'm 37, nvr been pg but we would love to be.I'm very regular with my pd & ovulation, well I havnt had a pd since Oct 26, & have had clear to sticky discharge this whole time si I took a hpt 11/23/12 & it was neg then another hpt on Sunday 12/9/12 also neg. Now on Dec 9 I had a lil bright red blood in the morning & a lil darker throughout the day when is go pee, its Monday & again very lil red blood. No cramps like regular pd just lil pulses . Idk what I goin on. I threw up Saturday night the lil bit of whaterburger Jr & lots of acidic fluid which I always finish but this time only took 4 bites w a lil bit of fries. I've had a headache for 2 days in a row.
i had my period on November 23rd ended on November 27 but it was pretty light and now its December 11 and i have had like pink and kind of brown spotting i have had it for 2 days but its only like every few hours and not every time i use the restroom. This has never happened...I am married and i am not on bc. what could it mean?
I haven't had a period in 5 months now but last week I had a very light bleeding and brownish color for one day and then it stopped. I don't know what it could be. My fiance and I are trying to conceive but im not sure if im pregnant.
My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex the last week of september. And after I haven't had a period since. December 30th came around. And we had unprotected sex once more. January the 1st I started spotting a lite pink & brown period. No blood clots, No mucus discharge, No abdominal pain. So I've only had to wear a double pantie liner to be on the sade side. And its been that way until January 14th. January 15th. I was for sure it would be over in the morning because the pantie liner only showed brown blood. Until I had a lil orgasm (No intercourse. Just above the waist pleasure). Now day 16 my period is a dark red with tiny blood clots and still no pain. Can anyone please tell me what could possible be happening to my body?
I'm so confused but my peruid has been weird lasts month it was a pinkish red this month febuary 2113 I started the 8th and stopped in the 8th and the next didn't start but later that night it was only spotting brown blood but really not any blood I uasually use overnighter pads there would only be brwon spots on it I'm on the 4th day and I'm still not bleeding now starting to get small cramps but no blodd what's this mean I think I'm just over stressed I am 42 isn't that to old to even want to be pregnan?? In need of help
i had protected sex about a week and 3 days ago and my period today and its very dark but now its very light going off what might that be
Can someone please help me. I barely started using the ovulation calendar and my ovulating days are June 4- June 7. So me and my hubby have been working on conceving those days. The ovulation calendar says I should be getting my next period on June 21but yesterday I went to the bathroom and I saw some light spotting and today in the morning too, but it has stopped right now. My question is why was i spotting if I should not get my period until June 21st and does the spooting stops me from getting pregnant even tho I saw the spotting after my ovulating days?
I'm 21 been on depo since I was 15 since 2012 the end of the month I stop takin depo last month I bleed for 2 days now is June 20 & this hold month I have been spotting pinkish light blood drops & when I wipe its light brown coming out of me since the begning of June & my nose started to bleed a lil today what can be the problem? Anyone
I had my last period 2nd of July lasted 6 days was a normal period for me. then I have sex round the 14th - 19th and was bleeding just after it that lasted a day ( ovulation bleeding im guessing) then my period was due yesterday 29th Auguest and didn't come .. but today 30th august after I go the toilet I get brown/ pink blood but nothing on my pad. could this be the start of my period or could I be pregnant?
I have had a brown discharge for almost 4weeks now. When I use toilet paper it's brown but some times it has red in it!! My periods are very irregular so I don't really know when my periods are suppose to come!! I need help this is really scary!!
I am on the pill but i have had a little bleed a week before a was due on btt its nt my usual.bleed and i havent bin on my normal due date. Am i.pregnant ??
I started my period a 2nd time last month on the 30th it was and didnt seem like a normal period I have 7days and i only had 3days i've been trying for almost a year now did it work ? I've never tooken a pill for anything
Hey so I'm 21 & believe it or not I'm a virgin but I'm on birth control because of the pain I get when on my period. Since I've been on the pill which is like almost a month now I've been constantly ruining my underwear with brown discharge .. I'm nervous and shy to say something to my doctor , I know I have to soon but I'm just very shy.
Answer my question!! I start with 3-4 day with dark brown  discharge. At 24 had my tube cut and burn. I'm now 35. I have 1 or 2 days of period then it stop! And again with brown discharge. And my period is not heavy to have a kotex.
i had my my thing 4weeks ago has not came on me and had a brown show for 3 day would i be pregnant
do a test how far are you
go to the doctor it mite not be working with your boady
no your not pregnant
get a test
need to see your doctor
I finished my period on the 28 of August. On the 29th I had unprotected sex and haven't had my period since and it's the 23rd of October, I have had tests to see if I'm pregnant and they have come back negative. On the 21st, 22nd and 23rd of October I have had brown discharge. Does anyone know why this would be happening?
Just had my second baby on the 4th of june by c-section, went through 8 weeks of non-stop bleeding, on the 12week i went for papsmear and on the same night i started my normal 4-5 days mentruation. My doctor suggested i start using microval pill since i am breastfereding. Ok, here is my problem: during my 14week post baby, i spotted brown and light bleeding which lasted for 5days, and on my 16 week the problem of spotting started again. I dont have my papsmear results. Please help i am really worried!
Hey Ladies,
so I am on birth control I have the birth control where there is a stick in my arm, and me and my boyfriend been having unprotected sex I was supposed to have my period this month on the 22nd but I has not came I have a period every month on the 22nd but not this month  but I have been seeing some spotting and some brownish discharge but still no period, my cravings has been super crazy I eat like 4 times everyday then after I get sick but don't throw up, I don't understand what's going on I am afraid to call my mother and tell her what's going cause she is going to freak out....... someone please give me some advice please

Thank you
Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex doing my third day of being on my period. Before we had sex my period color was a brownish type but it was about to go away. While having sex my boyfriend finished off in me now I don't see any bleeding am I pregnant???
I am 13 and is not sexually active and I didn't have a period for three months the I had it on  the first week and the I have been bleeding off and on lightly for three weeks now idk wat I should do about it any advice I need it
hello on june11 i had my left tube removed. my periods come on every month on the 11 th now . My last one was step. 11th now my back has been cramping and today i have dark brown blood only when i wipe can you please help me out with this one
I had brown spotting when I wipe this is day 4 and I see some blood I have cramps and headaches but I already had my period 2 weeks ago I don't know what this is it looks like spotting at first but when I wipe its more then just that I took a ptest 3 days ago it was negative is this a super early period or pregnancy
how this work out for you? Sounds like what I have.
Please speak to your parent or doctor you might have an infection and it might be nothing serious
I finished my period two days before I had sex with my boyfriend and while having sex he told me that I was bleeding it was very embarrassing and then we paused for a while and started again and the blood came again the day after I am still seeing blood does anyone know what could be wrong ?? I'm rli scared
Hi there I'm just wondering how long it takes to get pregnant .. I have a little boy (3) who wasn't planned so not sure what to do as such I know sex but other than that I'm clueless .. I've had sex with my boyfriend a few times where he has ejaculated inside me , last night he did by accident , I'm on the implant but it is due to come out a month today , I went to the toilet this morning and when I wiped myself it was a small amount of reddy/brown blood , I feel really fat and have done for a little while now really tired, veins in my boobs seem prominent sometimes  .. I'm just not sure if my mind is in overdrive or I could be pregnant would be greatful of any help x
Please help!! On the 23 of October me and my husband tried conceiving and on the 6 of November i saw light brown discharges and the next day was now bright red blood coming out only drops, whats wrong with me??
Today's my 11th day of bleeding. I've NEVER done this! I'm 39 & have 4 children. I started my period 2 days early. The 1st day was more like the 3rd or 4th. Usually it's very heavy & my legs & butt ache. I didn't have any cramping or aches this time though. The 2nd & 3rd day got heavier, but still lighter than usual. Then it tappered off like I was stopping - but I didn't stop completely. I usually go about 4 days of bleeding & then come off by the 5th or 6th day w/ just brownish discharge. But today's the 11th day now. It's extremely light, & it's def red - not brownish. I mostly just see it when I go to the bathroom. I've seen pieces of uterus lining(?), too, mostly small - the biggest maybe the same diameter as a dime. No cramping, no aches, no pains. What is this!?! I've never had anything like this before. I've not taken a pregnancy test because from what I've read other women who had similiar bleeding & were pregnant all had negative tests(?). I guess next week I'll find a GYN and see whats up. (Not on bc, I usually abstain during ovulation - not even sure when I'll ovulate this mo. now! Ugh!).
Follow up: I did take a test yesterday and it was negative. Coincidently I also finally stopped bleeding. Now I'm just not sure of when to expect to ovulate.
Hi - I am 41.  I had my normal 3-4 day period starting on Oct 25th and I am still spotting as of today.  My breasts are beyond sore, can't even touch them without being in pain?  Anyone know what may be wrong
I came on my period Sept 29,2013 i didnt get my period at all i took 5 hme pregnancy test all cme bck NEG i have been having all the signs of pregnancy here it is Nov 18,2013 im spotting brown blood when i wipe and on my panty liner can sme 1 pllllzzz gve me sme advice
I was scheduled to get my period on the 21st of nov, but I experienced light pinkish discarge  on nov 14th exactly a wk before my period. I would wake up in the morning feeling nauseous, and the urge to throw up. Every time I have the urge to throw up nothing ever comes up? O_o Now its Nov 22nd , and I've been spotting brownish discharge since yesterday. I've experienced a few cramps, back pains, and a sore left breast.I also took a @home pregnancy test ( Negative) My bf and I  have been trying for 3yrs to conceive.  Im praying this is it? Can someone give me a few tips or any info on what's going on? #hopigitstwinboys
Hey my name is Chantel. I've experienced the same thing except im 6 Weeks postpartum and have had unprotected sex im going crazy.. Plz tell me u were not pregnant
When I was in my teens I had very irregular periods at first, sometimes months in between getting them, some times only a week would go by and then I would start up again. Sometimes it takes your body a few years to adjust. People advised me to get on the pill to regulate it but If you are not sexually active I don't think that you have anything to worry about.  If you have brown spotting it is old blood that needs to get out of your body. A good way to clean your body out is to drink more water then usual. Sometimes its just a simple solution and nothing that you should worry about.
Hello my name is Jessica I am 22 I recently stopped taking birth control pills after 2 years of taking them, now that I have stopped them I missed my period for the last two montgs, I thought I was getting my period because I had really bad cramps when I went to the restroom and had very bright red bleeding followed by a blood clot I used a tampon and a pad due to the heavy bleeding I went through both of them within 30 minutes I had woken up next morning with no more bleeding two days later I started experiencing a very light dark brown (sometimes more of a blackish brown then reddish brown) discharge. Its been going on for almost a week already its light enough for panty liners but not for tampons or pads. I'm getting very nervous I called to make a appointment but now Thanksgiving is in two days I can't be seen till next week! Is there any way anyone could explain to me why this is happing I don't want to be stressed for another week! Ooh by the way I'm in a monogamous relationship already for 7 years so a std isn't possible!! Please help me enjoy Thanksgiving! Thank you
I need help I went to the doctor November 20 and they said I wasn't pregnant. I started light spotting November 25 and the next day it stopped and im throwing up could my test had been wrong?? Someone help me please!
hi frnds...my spotting start 20nov,2013.still not stop,my last periods date 20 oct,2013..nd im not pregnent,so how my periods flow fast came out?we r plan next mounth for a baby...bt how i khow which  date best for me????plz anybody help me.
Well my situation is different. My period was supppse to come on November 27,2013 but I was only cramping on the 27 and the 28 Then the 29 it came on and it was mild but on the 30 it became heavy now when I wipe its a brown color. My period only last four days. Could I be pregnant ?
Okay I have a question. I'm on the pill and started taking the pills to start my period for 2 days and my period always starts the 3rd day and it didn't start until the 4th day and later in the evening.. on the 3rd day I had sex and didn't use protection.. and I got scared so I took a blue pill which is the actual birthcontrol.. and I'm not bleeding right and have bad cramps and have for 3 days now and I had these cramps atleast a whole day before I started.. now what's comming out was first brown then now is pinish and.I still havnt went threw a tampon... I'm worried not sure if I should call my doctor and ask or if ill be fine.. or if I'm pregnant.. plz someone try to help  
i was suppose to start my period yesterday Dec 2nd 2013 and now today im having lighy brown and red spotting on my pad can someone tell me whats going on?
I'm 15 and have never gotten my peroid before. I lately noticed blood but not enough to be my peroid. The doctor said I would be abnormal because of my metabolism, athletsim and size... I have never had sex and have never really noticed or done anything before. I used a pad the past 3 days but sometimes it's heavy and sometimes light... What should I do?!? Please help!
Hello, my name is trinity. I was 3 days late this month and I started just spotting a light  light red with clear discharge and brown discharge. My normal period is really heavy always has been . Not sure whats going on and took a pregnancy test but came neg. Could I have done it too soon?
Hi I decided to try birth control this lasted. A week I got off, so on the 9 I got my period n right after I took birth control the pill n after the week of trying it I got off I got my period n I thought ok its norma when you stop birth control , butl its been like a week after n I'm finding slightly blood when I go to the restroom n I don't know if this is normal ....
Hi I decided to try birth control this lasted. A week I got off, so on the 9 I got my period n right after I took birth control the pill n after the week of trying it I got off I got my period n I thought ok its norma when you stop birth control , butl its been like a week after n I'm finding slightly blood when I go to the restroom n I don't know if this is normal ....  so last month I had my period twice n starting this month I'm slightly spotting
Am in the same situation now!
The pill can mess with your bodies natural process. When you start taking it and stop suddenly it will change your period. Sometimes it can take months for it to get back to normal, other times it takes less time. You never want to start taking it and then just stop like that. The point is to take it regularly at the same time every day, which is difficult for many women. I stopped taking the pill because it messed with my body so much. I ended up having my period for 3 weeks straight. Then they gave me the Depo shot which was worse. Now I have an IUD and I am not sure about that either. The best that was recommended to me is the ring, but my insurance didn't cover it. Application is kinda gross but I have a few friends that use it and they love it.
I had all my symptoms , cravings , cramps, I broke out , I thought I started my period , I'm still not sure if it's my period , I have not been sexually active in about 5-6 months , I've had my period regurally sense then, but my "period" is kind of a brown discharge , with blood. I'm scared.... Please help me
Viewing 601-691 comments:
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers