558?1262941669
Psychopharmacology User Group
Taking 200mg of Zoloft for 3 years and how to wean myself off...
About This Group:

The function of this group is to discuss, in an objective, fact-based fashion, the therapeutic benefits, adverse effects, interactions and risks of psychopharmacological agents.

Founded by RCA759I on January 8, 2010
116 members

I've been using Zoloft since I've been in 10th grade of high school. It started off at 50 mg, and has now been escalated to 200mg after a 3 year period. When I started taking the medicine i weighed 135 lbs. My current weight is 195 lbs. I get dizziness, along with a myriad of headaches. As well as a whole slew of other problems. I'm sick and tired of having to take pills. I'm depressed because of my weight, and I don't feel the medicine is necessary anymore. I took accutane, and I'm guessing it must have caused some problems at the time, along with girl issues that were getting me depressed and anxious.
I'm ready to start living my life Zoloft-free. My question is, with my Zoloft taking history, how difficult will the task be of eliminating it from my system?What do I need to expect?
1 Comment
I don't know if you still need an answer, but I will give one just in case.  As long as you and your doctor feel it is in your best interest, coming off of Zoloft is definitely something to try.  Most doctors will agree with you in trying a test run, drug free.  If you have made progress in managing your coping skills with the medication, then trying your coping skills without medication is worth doing.  Usually, the doctor can give you a tapering schedule.  Since you are at the recommended max dose/day it is extremely important to taper and not stop abruptly.  The taper is usually done by decreasing your daily dose by 50mg increments per week.  Not more than that.  Please talk with your doctor to make sure you both are in aggreement about this.  Good luck!
breezytoo commented on Jade59's status
breezytoo Happy Thanksgiving to every... Comment
Paxiled commented on Dietary Fat Increases...