help please, tapering off remeron
Hi. I have been on 15mg of Remeron(mirtazapine) for 4 monthes.
It was given to me by my doctor to help me wean off Ativan I was on for 3 years. The Ativan was 1 mg per day, and originally was for sleep after a death in the family occured. Somebody told me "you'll sleep great". asked my doc, and he agreed to perscribe it to me. I took it every night for 3 years because i slept so well. 3 years later I developed anxiety, and docs blame it on tolerance withdrawl. I very slowly tapered off ativan while taking the Remeron. I am completely off the ativan 2 months now, and have gained ALOT of weight from the remeron. Therefore, doc has decided it may be wise to stop that too. I just dropped it from the original 15mg a night, to half that. I cannot sleep at all now. How long should it take for the extreme insomnia to dissapear so I can get atleast SOME sleep?
thank you
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Paxiled commented on  Foods That Help Burn...
Jun 24
drifter0213 commented on tardive dyskinesia
Jun 20
Edspan commented on tardive dyskinesia
Jun 18