558?1262941669
Psychopharmacology User Group
help please, tapering off remeron
About This Group:

The function of this group is to discuss, in an objective, fact-based fashion, the therapeutic benefits, adverse effects, interactions and risks of psychopharmacological agents.

Founded by RCA759I on January 8, 2010
109 members

help please, tapering off remeron

Hi. I have been on 15mg of Remeron(mirtazapine) for 4 monthes.
It was given to me by my doctor to help me wean off Ativan I was on for 3 years. The Ativan was 1 mg per day, and originally was for sleep after a death in the family occured. Somebody told me "you'll sleep great". asked my doc, and he agreed to perscribe it to me. I took it every night for 3 years because i slept so well. 3 years later I developed anxiety, and docs blame it on tolerance withdrawl (withdrawal). I very slowly tapered off ativan while taking the Remeron. I am completely off the ativan 2 months now, and have gained ALOT of weight from the remeron. Therefore, doc has decided it may be wise to stop that too. I just dropped it from the original 15mg a night, to half that. I cannot sleep at all now. How long should it take for the extreme insomnia to dissapear so I can get atleast SOME sleep?
thank you
breezytoo commented on 12 Days
Apr 17
breezytoo commented on breezytoo's status
Apr 17
OaklyDokly commented on tardive dyskinesia
Apr 17