Relationships Community
Love & Trust

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

Love & Trust

I have SUCH a stupid question... I'm embarrassed to ask...  Background: Basically, I have an AMAZING fiance. He had some 'issues' and some problems and a heck of a past before I met him... but since we've been together, he's grown in to such an amazing man and he is SO grateful for that and for me and my positive influence. I love him to death. And he's equally crazy about me. I'm so optimistic and happy about our relationship and I'm feeling VERY confident that I've found the man of my dreams. Ecstatic to say the least. So what's the problem you wonder?? LOL. Well... my fiance is GORGEOUS and naturally has a very charming and outgoing personality. I dont think I'm ever worried about him cheating on me... but yet, I can't help but feel insecure! It's stupid! I mean, I think it has a LOT to do with the fact that I have never been so in love and crazy about a man before. I think it makes it harder knowing that IF anything ever happened, it would be the most painful thing I'd ever have to deal with. So I get nervous. It's nothing that I outwardly display to him or complain about or tell him. But inside, sometimes I literally get butterflies in my stomach and lose my appetite when I think about women obsessing over him (they do too! he's a personal trainer at a gym and can't shake women away from him!).  And you know, at the same time, I love it. Because I can look at these women and think 'he's mine!! Bwhahahaha!'. I dont even know what my question is. Dont be rude and just tell me I'm insecure. Overall, I'm really not... we have a healthy, comfortable, 'secure' relationship. (I mean, we LOVE going to strip clubs together for goodness sake!)  I just have to GET OVER IT and take that risk, go out on that limb, and trust him completely. Is it possible to have a true, longlasting love? I hope so... I dont want to get hurt. What I have now is so perfect. I want him to want me forever... I have to stop thinking about it.
Well I guess it's somewhat normal.  I used to feel that way also.  My fiance is a personal trainer as well so I know that the girls try to get with him.  One girl even went so far as to ask him out a million times but I've just got to learn to trust him.  Also the fact that I just had a baby and my body is not up to par, of course I get insecure as well.  I think most women go through this at one time or another.  Basically, every man is capable of cheating, whether they be ugly, overweight or gorgeous...there is always that chance.  So go with the flow, if he's being faithful then stop worrying so much about it.  I don't see it as you having a problem, it sounds like he loves you if he asked you to marry him and it looks like you guys have a happy, healthy relationship.  Good luck with everything.
I think you should just be happy and appreciate that you have a gorgeous fiance.

There isn't a person in the world that every single person of the opposite sex is attracted to and even a "regular joe" and a "plain jane" can be attractive.

Basically, no matter who you date, there will be other women who will be attracted to him. This is true when you're dating or even when you're married to him.

It's best to just be grateful and trust him to be faithful.  
i feel that way everytime i look at my hubby.  he is gorgeous as well which is initially why i was into him when i met him years ago.  my mother taught me that all men think they are hot stuff and all men are found attractive by women when they have good attributes and characteristics.  so, just continue to feel lucky and "a little" protective of your prize winner.  better that he's good looking than to go through the same thing w/ one who isn't