Requip for RLS
Hey gang!
So after a year of tests and living with an array of symptoms. My doctor says I have peripheral neuropathy and
RLS. I was put on Requip last week.

Can anyone out there please share their experiences of taking Requip?

The first morning I felt great... thinking wow! I slept better! Since then though my symptoms creep back up throughout the day and sometimes I am surprised I can finish my work. The last three nights of sleeping have been HORRIBLE. I've never had this problem with the RLS. I am getting up all night and tossing turning, crying, pain, have to move my legs, it's terrible.

Anyone else have this? I just thinks it's weird that I've taken it for almost a week and all of the sudden my nights are unbearable, where was before I just had some RLS here and there.

I'm starting to think my RLS is stemming from something. Especially, since I have so many other symptoms. I take .5 mg at bedtime and that's it. Any clues to why it is worse? I'm very confident that I am not iron deficient based upon blood work and my healthy food choices.

Thanks!
Hi there!

Requip is a beneficial medication with RLS helps improve symptoms. However it may take some time to establish levels and experience prolonged relief. You may consider an evaluation with your internist to rule out the possible secondary causes that could be responsible for RLS such as folate deficiency, electrolyte imbalance etc.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!