STDS
FORUM
Blackheads on Penis
by jman45, Jan 28, 2009
I have had something that looks like black heads on the shaft of my penis (right along cercumcision scar) for as long as I can remember.  If squeezed the exposed blackhead with a whitebase will come out but always returns...

I have been sexually active w/ only 1 person for over two years and use protection. However about 1 or 2 years ago I noticed something that looks similar to the previously mentioned blackheads on the head of my penis.  There are two grouped right next to eachother and have not spread or gotten bigger.  They are not painful but they look like very small pimples w/ a black tip/center.  They also look "popable" but I dont want to go through that pain if not needed.  I doubt its ingrown hairs, but am hoping its nothing like HPV or warts.  

Any advise?
Are these contatious?

Answer:
by Edward W Hook, MDBlank, Jan 28, 2009

The proper way to evaluate what you see is to have them examined by someone who knows what they are looking at.  From the location and your description the main thing that comes to mind is possibly molluscum contagiousum which can appear as bumps, which can have white stuff squeezed out of them and which tend to recur.  They do not sound like HPV or other typical STDs.  My advice is to go see a dermatologist or to your local STD clinic so that you can get an expert opinion on what they are and help with treatment.  IN the meantime, please DO NOT squeeze them.  This will be asking for trouble (infection) and will hinder the evaluation when examined.  They don’t sound too serious.  Hope this helps.  Take care.   EWH
Member Comments (1)