STDs Expert Forum
Burning sensation in genital area and thighs
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Burning sensation in genital area and thighs

It's been 15 days since I had sex with a new person with a condom.  Within the hour after sex, i started feeling itchy all over the genital area.  The itching persists until this day, but has subsided for the most part.  Now I feel more of a burning sensation on both sides of my inner, upper thighs near the genitals and occasionally on the shaft of my penis and scrotum.  It feels warm for a minute or so, than goes away.  Same happens on my thighs and rest of the body parts mentioned.  One night it's on the left, the other it's on the right.  Last night, I felt the burning sensation on my left thigh as I was watching television and I decided to go to the bathroom to check it out.  As I looked, I noticed one small red circular bump, which was where my burning sensation had been occuring at that time.  It doesn't look like a hair follicle problem. This red bump looks like a bug bite, but it was giving me a burning sensation and when I rubbed it, it got more red and visible.  When I woke up this morning, the bump had improved, but not dissappeared.  It was more of the color of my skin and harder to see, but when I rubbed on it with my fingers again to see if it was painful, it stung a little and got red again.  I've heard that Herpes comes in clusters of little bumps, but if this is not likely to be Herpes, what else can it be and how can I treat it?  Also, since it's only been two weeks since I was exposed, can this burning sensation all over be a sign of an upcoming Herpes outbreak?  Can I rule out Herpes this early or not?  My genitals look normal and when I touch the skin, it feels normal, but the burning still persists.  I have not had any other symptoms other than itching and burning.  No fever, no blisters.  However, on occasion, I feel a mild ache in my two joints near my genitals, but feels deep inside and is like a cold feeling which is brief.  I don't know if this is related.  What are your thoughts?