STDs Expert Forum
Discharge and Bowell Movement and Concern

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

About 8 days ago had protected sex with condom with stranger.  No breakage and no contact without condom.  Today, when pushing very hard during bowel movement had discharge.  Some was clear and sticky and a bit was kind of cloudy white and thick.  I usually have sticky discharge when bowel movment, so that wasn't odd.  But, the white cloudy was different.  All of it was sticky though.

I'm not having any burning or itching upon urination.  

Do you think this is related to the bowel movement?  If this was an std, wouldn't it just come out on urination or the like?  Is there a particular color of discharge related to any of the stds?  Is it always yellow or green, or is white also possible?  Also, I was looking at some porn prior, so maybe was related to that.

And again, I did use a condom in full.  

Please let me know what you think.  I'm very concerned.
Welcome to the STD forum.  I'll try to help.

Many men have discharge of fluids from the prostate gland or seminal vesicles during defecation, and it sounds like you have it with some frequency.   This symptom has been discussed fairly commonly on this forum; for a couple of examples see:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/Penis-discharge-problems/show/246116
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/Semen-Leakage-Question/show/684727

The fluid usually is clear but white/cloudy fluid may be normal.  Although this apparently is a change for you, it is not likely you caught a urethral STD during your recent sexual encounter, if the condom was properly used (no insertion without the condom) and it didn't break.  If you actually have urethritis, you should have discharge at other times, not only during defecation.

Since you are concerned, it would be best to see your primary care provider or your local health department STD clinic for examination and STD testing.  Most likely nothing will be found, and most likely as time passes the fluid that appears during defecation will return to its usual clear color.  But better safe than sorry.

Good luck--  HHH, MD