STDs Community
First Time Sex and a Hypochondriac

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

First Time Sex and a Hypochondriac

Hello, about a year and a half to two years ago I had sex for the first and only time.  Recently some thoughts have been creeping into my mind about the possibility that I could have contracted an STD/STI.  I am a heterosexual male.  It was a one night stand with woman who I know was promiscuous.  Not a sex worker, but she has had many sexual encounters and non monogamous relationships.  It began with me receiving an unprotected blowjob without orgasm/ejaculation and then finished with protected vaginal sex with a condom.  I had no open wounds on my penis, and as far as I could tell she did not have bleeding gums/open wounds in her mouth, and did not have any visible STD/STI symptoms.
It has been a little under two years since then.  I have not had any form of sex since.  I regret the situation I placed myself in as i just wanted to finally have sex and I feel i should have waited for the right person to come along.  It may be possible that that regret has put my hypochondria into overdrive.  Over the time from when I had sex to now, I have had no symptoms of any STDs/STIs whatsoever.  I don't even think I have had so much as the flu in that time.  It's just thinking back to that situation I regret, I keep worrying about the unprotected blowjob I received.  Should I be this worried, especially after this long?  The thing preventing me from going to get tested is that I am currently unemployed without a  car and still under my parents insurance.  I understand that a doctor would not tell my parents about the test, but the idea that they could get some kind of paperwork sent to them with my name on it would raise questions and is something i don't want to happen.  Please help put my mind at ease.  I hope this is enough information to go on.
You need to understand, life is full of uncertanties, you can sit around and worry about what you may / may not have got from this women, personally i believe you're over thinking it, you could get tests done or you could just accept that the human body is quite possibly the most complex thing on this planet other than the planet itself, for this reason i beleive its logical to say if something is wrong your body will let you know i had a mate that had a car accident went to doctors saying his knee was hurting etc. they found nothing. about a year later he got a pimple, he popped the pimple, out came a massive thin part of glass.

moral of the story, doctors dont know everything thats going on in your body, your body does.

Take a step back look at yourself and think am i really worrying over something? two years ago? no symptoms. i think you're fine mate
I was lucky enough to find out recently that this person has been getting tested regularly, and that every time they have come up clean.  Crisis averted.
Hello

Great news.  Also, You were never at a big risk for STDs from the exposure you describe.

Just about ZERO risk for most of them.  

Basically, how I found out is that a friend I've known for a while is currently in a relationship with this woman.  Its an interesting situation that I don't need to go in to, but I can say that nothing is awkward.  When he saw I was not myself, and questioned me, I just let him know my worries.  He was very understanding, and told me that she gets tested regularly, and has always come up clean.  I trust this, being as its his health he has to watch out for too.  Of course, since I wanted to be sure, I asked him if he was 100% sure, and he told me that shes clean, I'm fine, and that its always good to be safe so I could go to a clinic and verify it.  Of course, my hypochondria kicked in again, and I thought why would I need to see a doctor and verify if you told me, but I believe that he told me that simply because you can only repeat the same thing to a person so many times before you just give up and say check for yourself.

I think that this fear may have really been brought to surface by my regret of the situation I put myself in, and maybe my conscience developed a way to punish myself, which was an intense sickening fear that i caught something.  While I know its good to be safe, I also know its not good to obsess and worry, which could lead me to other health issues.  Sorry to ramble on so much, its just that I have had this weighing down on me and its not really something you want to talk about with others.  Being anonymous helps.  So I shouldn't be worried anymore yes?
Do not worry anymore about it.