STDs Expert Forum
Questions regarding herpes

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Questions regarding herpes
i was diagnosed with hsv 1 and hsv 2 a year ago.

Lets say i touch the sores and directly touched my eyes, will the herpes virus infect my eyes in any manner? I had hsv 1 and hsv 2 for a year.
The risk of auto-inoculation to your eyes or elsewhere is near zero; see the thread started earlier today "Herpes transmission and saliva".  People with recurrent herpes lesions, whether oral or genital, should use common-sense hygiene:  try to avoid touching lesions and wash your hands if you do.  But even if you forget these things, the risk is nil.

HHH, MD