STDs Expert Forum
bad rash in my pelvic/groin area std's???
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

bad rash in my pelvic/groin area std's???

well I started noticing the rash a few months back but I didnt think much of it.  Then I found out my girlfriend of a few years had cheated so I got a little worried.  Well the rash is like where my thighs meet my body.  It is on both sides surrounding my penis.  It itches pretty bad sometimes and has a nasty smell. If I wipe my pelvic area with a paper towel sometimes I get some puss looking residue.  Also I have two open sores that close and reopen from time to time but they do not hurt at all ever.  I kinda think they are opening to release some kind of built up preassure manybe?  I have one on each side....like at the base of my penis you look left or right in that pelvic crease area (where my thighs meet my body) and you see the open wound/sore in the same exact spot on both sides.  I found out she also had some kind of bacterial infection (as she told me) and was given clindamycin (sp?)  we had some left over at the house and i've been taking them for a few days (3 a day for the past 5 days 300mg each) but it hasnt seemed to help at all as far as I can tell. I've also tried using that 1% cream from rite aid to stop rashes and that didnt help at all.  I havent talked to her since so this is all I know.  Please help me out here....I can provide any and all pics needed....also it seems blood comes out of the open wounds/sores if that helps...I think my nodes??? are inflamed or swelling from all this?